Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Back of the Van

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  skoronesa 
#1 ·
#17 ·
Entertainment Performing arts Event Stage Musician

I call BS- that van's been sitting and used as "storage". The pipe wrench was taken out and 'posed' for the picture. The owner of those tools is probably still in rehab.
We had a guy they called 'Pigpen'. He parked at home and lived the furthest away from ownership. He had customers complain about his van. Then he totaled it.

My van cycles from organized through 'I can't work with this' and back several times a week. No matter what state it's in, my customers see it, see me/my work and love me. haha.

#18 ·
View attachment 132808

My van cycles from organized through 'I can't work with this' and back several times a week. No matter what state it's in, my customers see it, see me/my work and love me. haha.

I wish all my ex-employees looked as good as those guys do... They all wearing belts and not
holding their pants up with one hand... They are Definitely higher functioning morons..........

I try to throw out all the cardboard and brass peices of junk every morning or night.... Normally by the end of the day
things get pretty nasty in my box truck.. Got to be careful when walking through to get something....

a truck full of clutter means you are actually working

#23 ·
I work out of a pick up truck, super organized, every bit of space is Medes out so there is no room for mess or garbage(other then in our garbage bucket). My apprentice knows as part of cleaning up and finishing each call/job, all tools, materials, bits/pieces etc get put away. No excuses.
Same here. I have two garbage buckets and a scrap bucket. everything has it's place and there are spots reserved for materials. I can rearrange and fit several fixtures in boxes, or a 60gal water heater, or some dehumidifiers, a softener/brine tank. If I had extra space there's a ton of stuff I would add to my van, but that's just wants not needs. Been working like this for years, almost never call back for parts delivery and when I do it's usually abs drain fittings/pipe because I only carry pvc.

#30 ·
The difference between this van and @Debo22 's, is this van has room to easily be organized. The shelves are empty. There's no excuse for this. At least Debo's van is full and would probably be organized if he had room.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
#32 ·
In my humble opinion, you waste a lot of money with a messy, dis-organized truck.
#1: you can't find what you need in the way of parts, so you could wind up traveling to a supply house to purchase a part that is already on your truck, and
#2 you can't find a tool that you need so you could wind up traveling to a supply house to purchase a tool that is already on your truck.

I worked for a man years ago that always was purchasing tape measures because his current one always either could not be found in all the junk or the tape broke when he did find it because all the junk broke his tape measures.

#33 ·
In my humble opinion, you waste a lot of money with a messy, dis-organized truck.
#1: you can't find what you need in the way of parts, so you could wind up traveling to a supply house to purchase a part that is already on your truck, and.......
Yeah, exactly! I know where all of my parts are and when I tell them we need to come back it's only because I don't feel like digging for that part! Not because I don't know where it is darn it! Hahaha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.