Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right about the mess
I have to admit at rentals I get pretty lazy.

In my defense, the bathroom had overflown 2 days prior and they just "left it until the plumber came"

·
Registered
312 Posts
Guess it could be worse. Could be a five gallon bucket full of womanly hygiene products.

What's the gadget in the bottom right of first picture. Some kind of seat?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha city sewer here.
That gadget is the auto feed on my gorlitz machine.

All of these wipes where within 20' of the closet ring.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Gotta love them Wipes.

But seriously man, put some poly or tarps down.
What an avoidable mess you made.
Being a small company also, the tough part is deciding what to do with the nasty drop cloths. There's 3 options #1 throw them away (hurts the bottom line) #2 throw them in the home wash machine (disgusting considering the families clothes are going in there next) #3 washing them at the laundromat (spending time with the dregs of society). Sometimes it's easier just to mop it up. Especially if the job is at a rental.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Being a small company also, the tough part is deciding what to do with the nasty drop cloths. There's 3 options #1 throw them away (hurts the bottom line) #2 throw them in the home wash machine (disgusting considering the families clothes are going in there next) #3 washing them at the laundromat (spending time with the dregs of society). Sometimes it's easier just to mop it up. Especially if the job is at a rental.

Shame shame

Folks in a rental deserve less?

Really, really bad customer service.

We are folks who work with sh*t and poo and now were judgmental?

I cracked up with this one

Treating folks with dignity is a trait that keeps customers coming.

Since when is anyone above good service?

Putt some poly down, Cheap solution. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Shame shame

Folks in a rental deserve less?

Really, really bad customer service.

We are folks who work with sh*t and poo and now were judgmental?

I cracked up with this one

Treating folks with dignity is a trait that keeps customers coming.

Since when is anyone above good service?

Putt some poly down, Cheap solution. :thumbup:
I understand what you're saying, I've been a little jaded on tenants. I see a lot of them not caring because it's not their house. As long as the problem is gone they're good. Some do care but they're the minority in my area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
We would take them to the spray car wash in pick up trucks, lay them out in the bay and spray down. then throw them in the back of the pick up and back to the shop to hang. Would also take nasty clothes machines or anything else

·
Sewer Drain Cleaner
413 Posts
I just use my Jetter wand to clean mine when I get time

Reactions: dhal22

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please get rid of those gardener gloves and get some some ugly gloves. The cable will grab those and best case will rip them, worst case will twist your hand around with the cable and severely hurt you.

Im a gardener first and a plumber second.
I also do drywall, electrical, concrete, paint, stucco, and tile , haha

·
Registered
312 Posts
Please get rid of those gardener gloves and get some some ugly gloves. The cable will grab those and best case will rip them, worst case will twist your hand around with the cable and severely hurt you.

Youre not alone Pat. I too, use those gloves when running a machine. With rubber gloves underneath of course.

They haven't snagged on me yet and I like to be able to feel the resistance when running the machine. We don't use machines much anymore since the boss got rid of them but when we borrow or rent one, that's what I wear.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Youre not alone Pat. I too, use those gloves when running a machine. With rubber gloves underneath of course.

They haven't snagged on me yet and I like to be able to feel the resistance when running the machine. We don't use machines much anymore since the boss got rid of them but when we borrow or rent one, that's what I wear.

I haven't noticed them wanting to grab the cable... yet.
$5 for a dozen at harbor freight, plus you gotta wear the nitlre gloves underneath

·
Super Moderator
7,236 Posts
When I first started I used leathers for main line cables, I found a brand new pair would catch. If I ran into a greasy line I'd gab a new pair to break them in. For a drill I still use them. I was skeptical about Spartan's leathers, but it's my preferred for a 3/8 cable.

If I walk into any home where you can tell the people who live there are slobs, well, I don't take many steps on mess prevention or clean up. When I walk away the only mess left by me is just what blends into whatever mess is existing.

Years ago I had one, not wipes but paper towels. LL worked all day on it with a rental machine. 5:00 on a Friday he calls. Took about three or four passes and about an hour and fourth five minutes to get them all out. I wasn't happy, obviously, and asked him how much extra he spent with the night call and rental fees. From that night on if a plunger didn't fix his issue, he was calling first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Agreed on that. Was using a pair of the gardner gloves like that and they wrapped my hand up once. Scared me good. Been using uglies ever since. The uglies have a tendency to wear a hole at the bottom of the thumb area near the palm, but way safer to use than leather gloves.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I haven't noticed them wanting to grab the cable... yet.
$5 for a dozen at harbor freight, plus you gotta wear the nitlre gloves underneath
The ones that my snake grabbed were the black and orange harbor freight leather gloves. I picked up some uglies from Fergusons right after that for $10-$15 and they last a lot longer than the leather gloves.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I understand what you're saying, I've been a little jaded on tenants. I see a lot of them not caring because it's not their house. As long as the problem is gone they're good. Some do care but they're the minority in my area.
I run 2 office buildings, these "professionals" make some real messes too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts