Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after 17 years my attic unit let water overflow down into my dining area killing the oak floors....the unit has the normal pan and usually catches the water from the cooling unit.....now I have a question.....I want to make sure this never happens again.........what type of system do you think I could install to prevent this ? We are on trips several times a month and our pet sitter would never think to check this.....in fact she wa the one that set the themo to 66 and it iced the condenser.......
thanks

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
Hi, after 17 years my attic unit let water overflow down into my dining area killing the oak floors....the unit has the normal pan and usually catches the water from the cooling unit.....now I have a question.....I want to make sure this never happens again.........what type of system do you think I could install to prevent this ? We are on trips several times a month and our pet sitter would never think to check this.....in fact she wa the one that set the themo to 66 and it iced the condenser.......
thanks
Disconnect all piping to the unit and power supply by a qualified electrician. Ok now that problems solved!!! It'll never happen again. And i'll give that to you in writing with a lifetime warranty against leaks. Oh and its transferable too.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disconnect all piping to the unit and power supply by a qualified electrician. Ok now that problems solved!!! It'll never happen again. And i'll give that to you in writing with a lifetime warranty against leaks. Oh and its transferable too.:thumbsup:

what about sweating ? ...do you warrant that also....

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
what about sweating ? ...do you warrant that also....
I guarantee that!!!!. Look all jokes aside. This is for professionals only but they have a DIY forum that you can go to and ask that question. Thanks for stoppin by!

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let see I'm 60.....been contractor for 40 year....I'm not a DIY.....just thought I get an option for this problem....

I won't be backkk

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
It's for plumbing professionals. You might be a contractor. Big whoop de do. We hired an IT contractor last week and the gov hired security contractors for Iraq.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.