Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did that get your attention? You are here right? Great.

I am thinking about Giving a 90 day, double your money back gaurantee for all new and existing customers. Has any one tried this?
If so what was your ROI?

Tell me what your biggest concerns might be. I would like to hear your input before I put this on my site and advertising.
Thank you in advance :)

William

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Are you out of your mind?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The gaurantee is on workmanship only and not products. sewer cleaning and service.
@ chotaw: Roi= return on investment. The bottom line.

My question is if anyone has done this did you get more calls when you did? More calls = more customers.

·
Hecho In America
4,161 Posts
The gaurantee is on workmanship only and not products. sewer cleaning and service.
@ chotaw: Roi= return on investment. The bottom line. My question is if anyone has done this did you get more calls when you did? More calls = more customers.
Thanks, I had no idea...............................

·
8,104 Posts
@ chotaw: Roi= return on investment. The bottom line. My question is if anyone has done this did you get more calls when you did? More calls = more customers.
Please explain it in more detail. I can't think of anything I would make that offer on..

·
Trust me. I'm a doctor.
934 Posts
100% satisfaction guaranteed - yes. Double your money back if there is a recall - no.

It doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something? Could you give us some more exact language on the offer? Any caveats?

Reactions: stillaround

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Call backs happen to everyone. It's costly to make a minor adjustment for free.

So, if I am reading it correctly - naturally, you would go back and 'fix' what needed to be fixed AND give them double back what they paid for the repair?

Rather than double their money back, why not offer a 'FREE' service call or $50.00 cash back as a guarantee?

From a consumer perspective, I'm assuming I won't have any problems with your work - therefore the double your money guarantee is not an incentive for me.

Gimmicks work - not sure this one will pay off with more calls.

Take One Hour Heating & Airs line - 'Always on time or you don't pay a dime' - it gets your attention. Something along the lines of 'if we are more than 15 minutes late, we pay you $25.00.'

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I think your gonna get ripped off or make some people mad when you dont pay up.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
@Turd Burgler: Yes that my work wont leak and that there sewers wont get back up for 90 days after I work on them.
So if you rod a main sewer and two days later the city has a main sewer back=up and that houses sewer no longer drains you are going to give them twice what you collected back?

Sounds like a good way to go broke.

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
I suppose the gimmicky stuff like that works to an extent, but it makes me puke.

I could see the enterprising scammers using that to try and make money.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts