Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to our code we must install assessable cut offs for every fixture. This includes the shower and the hose bibs. We are even supposed to install a main cut off within 5 feet of the entryway to a crawl space under a house.

I see a lot of plumbers here do not do that, I do because if I have to return to do repairs.........

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Our code does allow us to just pipe valves to each bathroom or adjoining bathroom groups. Not each each individual fixture. Of course we have quarter turn stops on every fixture cept flush valves , they get the back-check stop.

Drywall ceiling in the basement of a commercial building means a whole ton of fire rated access doors.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I'd have to get my book out but, I think our valves have to be at the takeoff from the main.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
We only need a main shut of at the meter, and water heater, none for hose bibbs and tub, shower, and laundry, have to have angle stops at all other fixtures,

·
Banned
239 Posts
besides the main water and W/H just angle stops although if i like the person ill put valves on the risers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts