Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lady calls a little while ago wanting a price to swap her ng water heater for an electric. I don't give any prices over the phone and so I start asking her questions to get her off of the price thing. So I ask her why she wants to convert from gas to electric since gas costs less to operate and Alagasco is running a rebate program right now where they will pay the ho $350 if they replace their ng water heater with another ng water heater. So anyway, she starts telling me how just because her husband filed chapter 13 the no good dirty gas company said he owed $500 and came and shut the gas off! :laughing:! Well this conversation is over as far as I'm concerned but I try not to be rude so I go ahead and give her a price of $600 if it is just a straight swap out, no necessary code upgrades (which of course there would be because there always are), and providing the electric was already run and waiting on me just to connect it (which of course there wasn't because it was a gas wh). I did not mention the expansion tank or properly securing the old gas line, vent, etc. because I already knew I wouldn't have to. I did mention the fact however that she would have to prepay with cash, mc, or visa. At that point I got the response I was looking for which was "Ok then, I'll call you back". Yeah, you do that.

Who is stupid enough to even go out to someone who openly confesses "Yeah, I'm bankrupt, how much to put in a water heater." I probably should have said "$5000.00 in a certified bank draft", but there was no need to be nasty about it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts