Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
canuckPlumBbob
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elecrrical current coroded this galvanized service paper thin.
One line servicing twp properties i went there to disconect and cap off the one house, put my pipe wrenches on it an it starts sparking.
Cut up some ferncos an taped to my pipe wrench 1/4 turn an cracked the 3/4 galvanized.
What a fkin day.
The sewage flooded crawl space was the cherry on the cake.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
One line servicing twp properties i went there to disconect and cap off the one house, put my pipe wrenches on it an it starts sparking.
Cut up some ferncos an taped to my pipe wrench 1/4 turn an cracked the 3/4 galvanized.
What a fkin day.

did someone use the gas pipe as a ground????( that went bad and now carries current)

·
canuckPlumBbob
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a fkin day.

did someone use the gas pipe as a ground????( that went bad and now carries current)
Copper waterlines carrying current were touching the gas lines,
Was probably one of the busiest spagettie mess of mechanical in a crawl.
Nobody lives there, just needs to be knocked down.
Im just happy someone had a galvanized corporation coupling or id be still there putting in a new service.

·
Registered
Plumber/Gasfitter
914 Posts
Copper waterlines carrying current were touching the gas lines,
Was probably one of the busiest spagettie mess of mechanical in a crawl.
Nobody lives there, just needs to be knocked down.
Im just happy someone had a galvanized corporation coupling or id be still there putting in a new service.
Galvanized "corporation"... commonly referred to as a dresser coupling.. or a compression dresser coupling.. a must have along with corporations 1/2 , 5/8" and 3/4 in my area anyway... 3/4 fits 1/2" lead service may need to be "dressed" to get it on there...

Logtec if you see this... you need to look at your inbox setting wont let me give you a p.m

·
Registered
968 Posts
Is there anything else light wise acting up? Sounds like there’s a issue with the Hydro service. I had one it showed up as a pump issue put the wrench on the pipe and it arced and knocked me on my butt. It ended up being a bad leg arcing to the neutral on the over head. Ontario hydro was pretty quick to come out.

·
canuckPlumBbob
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything else light wise acting up? Sounds like there’s a issue with the Hydro service. I had one it showed up as a pump issue put the wrench on the pipe and it arced and knocked me on my butt. It ended up being a bad leg arcing to the neutral on the over head. Ontario hydro was pretty quick to come out.
Everything with the building is an issue, it used to be a house but a local trucking company owns it, nobody lives there. One water service for this dump of a house an the office building next door.
They plug their rigs in and it pops breakers the furnace kicks off, pipe in the crawl freezes splits an it floods. We had an hvac guy go out there an he told them" just knock it down" i thought that was funny although not very proffesional.
So i just cut and isolated the galv tee feeding the house and ran an heat trace wire on the otherside feeding the office an had are electricians come out.
There were open wires dangling everywhere and there was no ground wire. Just got over the flu or corona virus past week or maby i got some bacterial infection from this disgusting crawl. Place had more disease then wuhan china

1 - 7 of 7 Posts