Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Job site where I worked for one year on these 3 story Apts I did 90% of all the water lines on these, this is a 300 unit complex.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Pex

Reactions: gusty60

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Is that a water puddle behind the arrows on the street? :laughing:
Just kidding.
Isn't it nice to look back on what a fine job you did and be proud and want to show it off? You Rock, Rockin Ron

Reactions: Ron

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wirsbo for the mains, q-pex fitting and zurn pex red and blue, complex is 3 years old.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Props. fun to see a completed job knowing all the little battles you fought getting the plumbing done. No one else really cares about that floor truss in the way of your toilet stop on 2nd floor that created all that extra work at the time... ya know.

Two baths each? Did you have a manifold at the water service and run mains to each units mech room? I guess does each unit even have their own mechanical room or one central for each building?

I'm in the middle of doing 20 16 unit (2 baths) apartment buildings so just curious how you ran your lines.

We've done 11 buildings and have probably pulled 20,000 ft of 1/2 blue, 19,000 ft of 1/2 red, and a good 25-30,000 ft of 3/4 for the mains. But I've tied in over half the lines and done half of the manifolds in the mech rooms.

I'll put up some snapshots one of these nights our jobs.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See my answers in Blue.

Two baths each?

One and two bath units

Did you have a manifold at the water service and run mains to each units mech room?

Mains to each unit no mechrooms.

I guess does each unit even have their own mechanical room or one central for each building?

Each unit had the own water heater they all wall wall heaters so no radiant heat.

I'm in the middle of doing 20 16 unit (2 baths) apartment buildings so just curious how you ran your lines.

We ran the line to each building ran in at 1-1/2" and if there were 2 baths on the third floor 1-1/2 all the way to the top, if 3rd floor had just the one bath per unit 1" to the upper floors, 2 main into each building. There was 4 units per floor.

We've done 11 buildings and have probably pulled 20,000 ft of 1/2 blue, 19,000 ft of 1/2 red, and a good 25-30,000 ft of 3/4 for the mains. But I've tied in over half the lines and done half of the manifolds in the mech rooms.

I'll put up some snapshots one of these nights our jobs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts