Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a commercial plumber so we have the big v8 trucks that we use daily. I was wondering if any of you guys work out a v6 workvan or would you prefer a v8? Im in the market for a new van but im torn on the v6 to the v8. Let me know you opinions.

·
Muck me?
700 Posts
I worked for a company that had v6 astro vans. They were great size for what we were doing, and I could get away with one now too. They do have more room inside than i expected

·
Registered
265 Posts
I work out of a Sprinter.....5cyl turbo. I decided to make the change when my GMC with a Stahl utility body was getting 6-8mpg. Now I get at least 18-20mpg. That's with the longer wheelbase and dual real axle.:thumbsup:

·
Residential Plumber
165 Posts
We work out of the 2500 and 3500 extended express/savannah, no truck can hold as much stuff as these. We can take full 12-13 ft lengths of pipe shelves with a microwave etc i'll never work out of anything else.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Screw vans. Get a box truck. You will not believe how much of your life you wasted going back and forth to the supply house and shop. 95% you have what you need to do the whole job start to finish right on your truck.

Keep a few different water heaters, disposals, toilets, shower valves, faucets, 1/2" to 2" pvc pressure pipe and fittings, 1 1/2" to 4" pvc dwv fittings, 1/2 and 3/4 cpvc pipe and fittings, 3/8 to 3/4 copper pipe and fittings, 3/8 to 3/4 pex pipe and fittings, assorted ferncos and no-hubs, all kinds of fasteners and straps, gas whips, valves, electrical, jetter, cables machines, see snake, navitrak, leak detectors, jack hammer, concrete saw, sump pump, 6 foot ladder, 24ft extension ladder, 2x4 lumber, furring strip, drop clothes, shower pan material, concrete, air compressor, safety equipment, access panels, various types of shovels, hoe, axe, sewer hook, sledge hammer, closet augers, urinal augers, hoses, cords, halogen lights, even a damn solar powered refrigerator!!!! And there is still a huge walk way down the middle to cram more stuff in if needed.

I wouldn’t run out of vans if they had been given to me for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts