Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have a couple questions. Im a minnesota resident registered as the start of a 3rd year apprentice in North dakota. I ended up leaving my job due to not getting enough hours and havent went back to plumbing in North Dakota. I applied for a job in sheridan wyoming and am headed that way by the end of the month.

Im curious how the registration works since im switching states. Do i need to get a copy of my hours from the state of ND and turn them in with my apprentice plumber app? or will the wyoming plumbing board contact the ND plumbing board to get my info? Also could someone give me the number to the wyoming state plumbing board?

tried to google it and i came up with nothing.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wyoming has licenses?

I honestly don't know if they've come up with a licensing program or not. Montana has one. But Wyoming used to be license-free. I remember talking to plumbers up there years ago about plumbing a house with a single stack and S-traps.

But that was a long time ago and I haven't kept up. Chances are that they finally developed a licensing program. Can't you call your prospective employer and find out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I ended up calling the employer tonight and what he told me just even confused me more. The way I understood in what he told me is that as an apprentice i still have to be registered to the local municipal. I didnt understand at all what he said for getting a journeymans liscense .

Im still confused here because I cannot find anything about anything to do with journeyman liscenses and registering as an apprentice in wyoming.

can anyone point me in the dirrection of talking to a journeyman plumber who has worked in wyoming?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts