Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
That's because the coupling will be attached to more pvc pipe which will run into a condensate pump which will be plugged into that outlet.

But you already knew that.

I dont use condensate pumps, I usually gravity drain after neutralizing the condensate...most of the wall hungs are non condensating units, the last one in went on a 2nd floor boiler room and condensate line went down and out the foundation..

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I dont use condensate pumps, I usually gravity drain after neutralizing the condensate...most of the wall hungs are non condensating units, the last one in went on a 2nd floor boiler room and condensate line went down and out the foundation..

I'm just gonna let that one speak for itself.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
and the pvc pipe is missing...

It's missing because that's a before picture where the corrugated tube hasn't been attached to that little clear trap yet. Notice the blue foam has no evidence of a hanger for that pvc pipe.

But it's his own home so he can snap a current picture for you.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I think we've had enough for the night.

geez bro just having some fun..didnt mean to scare you...:vs_laugh::vs_laugh:
I dont like those wall hung combos...ill only put in the takagis and they come both condensate and non condensing...look it up and see...

·
Registered
4,872 Posts

Look bob, all machismo aside, I just want to make it clear that I too do this all in fun and I like that we can have regular discussions about things like how I have electrocuted myself while we are also calling eachother children and knit picking eachother's arguments.

I don't like everything about you, but I like more about you than most.

Reactions: Tango and Debo22

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I dont like those wall hung combos...ill only put in the takagis and they come both condensate and non condensing...look it up and see...

I did, and you're correct.

This time....:devil3:

Reactions: ShtRnsdownhill

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Look bob, all machismo aside, I just want to make it clear that I too do this all in fun and I like that we can have regular discussions about things like how I have electrocuted myself while we are also calling eachother children and knit picking eachother's arguments.

I don't like everything about you, but I like more about you than most.

absolutely bro, ALL IN FUN ALWAYS...no harm no foul....passing along real info but having fun at the same time..otherwise it would be boring as hell ...
we should start charging for the entertainment it gives everyone..:wink:
I worked with a contractor and some of his guys during the day , you would swear they were ready to go out back and come to blows, but it was all just BS act they would put on and at the end of the day they would crack a few beers and then you would think they were best of buds...but anyone not knowing the act, the looks on their faces was priceless...

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
did this a week or so ago, i still have some old rigid brand 1/2" OD benders that i have used about 5 times in the last 25 years or so......

https://www.plumbingzone.com/picture.php?albumid=70&pictureid=7774

That's really cool you got to install one and it looks like you did a good job.

If you ever change the fill valve get one with a brass shank and use brass nuts.

You could also get a 2" brass nut off a toilet spud or an old flush valve.

Does it have a wooden seat?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
i agree those white plastic parts look totally out of place, but came that way from factory, so no changing them for now, seat is white as well.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
i agree those white plastic parts look totally out of place, but came that way from factory, so no changing them for now, seat is white as well.
my sister bought one of those toilets and I got stuck installing it..PITA..but it came with polished brass cover plates to go over the bottom pipe hookups so you dont see anything but brass,,and the tank was clad in wood..

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I know what you're getting at. My theory is that PVC and ABS are rated for it.
nope, that wasnt my point..I was just busting skosos balls...abs is not legal in my area, so all lines like that are pvc....im a big believer in keeping things simple..the more components you put in a system is just 1 more thing to fail..the few times I used a condensing unit I gravity drained it to a drain or outside...

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I know what you're getting at. My theory is that PVC and ABS are rated for it.

He meant in the last picture you posted, the pvc pipe was not there.

Reactions: ShtRnsdownhill
101 - 120 of 124 Posts