Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will take pictures of the job when I start in the morning, but for now I will give a run down.....

7 year old house off the ground. The customer and his wife just bought the house in June. He is stationed in Iraq and is fixing to go back. When they bought the house the sewer ran underneath the house and tied into the neighbors (which is the previous owners brothers) and went into one treatment plant. After the HO signed the contract he had an inspection and the inspector documented his findings. He approached the realtor and demanded that the house be put on a seperate treatment plant. The realtor got together with the owner and she agreed to have a new sewer line run and a seperate treatment plant put in. Judging by they workmanship that I saw today I would venture to say that it was a fly by night company or someone with limited skill who installed the sewer. Sanitary tees on thier backs and on their sides. They used santess and "bullheaded" them on top of santess on their backs to catch both lavs and tubs. Not to mention that they didnt install p-traps on the tubs. One trunk line that catches the front bath is running completely backwards.... A full bubble. The same people that installed the sewer line. Re-set two toliets and charged the HO for them. The whole reason why the toliet wouldnt flush right is because the trunk line that catches it is backward. The HO wouldnt give any names and I am glad she didnt because I dont want to know.... the condensate line for the A/C unit is stubbed through the floor and not tied in or even run to the outside of the house, it just dumps underneath the house.
We gave them a price to fix the sewer line and make things right with the house. they have already spent a fortune trying to get the house up and running. This project will cost in the thousands of dollars. I feel for these people and I hate to see something like this, but I see it everyday. I realize its not rocket science but it has to be installed right to work properly. Now this couple will have to shell out more money to get this fixed when the orginal owner should have sent an experience person over there than someone who would cut corners and do a half ass job..... One things for sure it will be right before I leave that house. Bottom line.....

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
That one of the less glamorous parts of our trade. Fixing stuff that shoulda been right the first time. It only takes a handful to give plumbers a bad name.

It ain't just plumbing to guys like us. I consider myself an artist. My medium just happens to have poop runnin through it.:)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like the Louisiana inspection system sucks.
Your right... Inside the city is great. Inspectors look and know what they are talking about. Its all these rural areas. They have tried to hire parish inspectors but the money fell through. So the rural areas (where this house is) are saturated with hacks.

·
Plumbing Contractor
972 Posts
I plumb every job as if it was done in my own house or an multi million dollar house. Bottom line... And if I have a helper that disagree with the way I do things... I tell him to hit the road. This is not Burger King Your way! it's my way or the highway:yes:

·
Registered
843 Posts
I plumb every job as if it was done in my own house or an multi million dollar house.
I don't. In my own house, I just replaced everything from scratch and I can't talk anyone else into doing that. :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts