Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/ATTACH]

The lady had a sewer smell in her house and the main kept backing up.:whistling2:

Who would have guessed? This plumbing looks good to me.:laughing::laughing:

By the way, the flow on that 3" line is toward us.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Is that a home made fitting, never seen anything like it.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great craftsmanship!

Tankless water pipe mess.jpg

"I can't seem to get very hot water. Is there something wrong with my water heater, I have two of them in my, 1100 square foot, one and one half bath house?":blink:

You should have hired a plumber to do the work, not just fix the problem.:no:

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The picture of the tankless water heater is actually two heaters back to back and being fed from a 1/2" natural gas line from the meter about 60' away.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Ten min trip from here, me and another plumber will get it done, will make good money on this call. Not your normal hours, hell it's past my bedtime.

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
That tankless waterheater pic just made me throw up in my mouth a little. Pics like these make me want to strangle unlicensed, uncertified people who install gas water heaters. And I know it only happens because the licensed plumbers in town are "too expensive and its SOOOO easy" according to self-righteous DIYers and 'handyman' hirers. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
That my friends is a sanitary tee on its side, and someone cut a hole in the top for the other line. How do I know? I had a similar thing here with 2" line. DA did not want to cut the line so he drilled into the top of a tee, droped a line in and sealed it with toilet wax!

Not only that, but if you examine the pix, they created a "S" trap!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts

·
Banned
239 Posts
dont see them often but i know for sure ive seen them some kind of vent T......ill take a pic with my phone next time......ive never used one nor would i

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
If there out there, you won't find then here.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
The fitting with the side inlet is also known as a cottage tee, you can also get them as wyes. In copper they are only available as tees however, and therefore not much use unless used on a stack.

·
Plumbing Contractor
975 Posts
I( seen and have used them.

We have them here. In ABS or PVC. (first of all tees are not allowed to be on there side or on there back in drain usage.) BAck to where I was going. They are called side tap tee's Basically it's a 3" sanitary tee with an 2" side inlet you can either get them with the inlet on the left or right. But in PVC you can get teh inlet on both sides with a double sanitary tee. I never use them for myself. But one company I use to work for used them on there under slabs. They also used them on apartment stacks

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Down here its a right-handed wisconsin. PVC or ABS make left handed too. Also a double wiconsin. All though its a no no to lay on its back. We stack inside wall to catch the toliet and arm over for the tub. Hence right handed or left handed

1 - 20 of 60 Posts