Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
AHHH OK , yea, then nice install for sure !!

wHY would a stupid electrician put a box like that.....I mean he could have just put it off to the side vs right under.

The plumbing word looks awesome!

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
AHHH OK , yea, then nice install for sure !!

wHY would a stupid electrician put a box like that.....I mean he could have just put it off to the side vs right under.

The plumbing word looks awesome!
Stupid electrician?
Dude, seriously. If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones.
There is absolutly nothing wrong with that installation.

Reactions: Protech

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Stupid electrician?
Dude, seriously. If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones.
There is absolutly nothing wrong with that installation.
Hi,

I wasn't throwing any stones, and IN NY , we aren't allowed to have electrical boxes that close to plumbing, for safety reasons,

Thats the only reason I asked,

Robert knows that I mean no harm, I was simply just asking to learn, That's all.

I am sorry if I came off the wrong way

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Other side of the wall

DONNAS ROMAN TUB VALVE 003.jpg

DONNAS ROMAN TUB VALVE 004.jpg

DONNAS ROMAN TUB VALVE 005.jpg

DONNAS ROMAN TUB VALVE 008.jpg

DONNAS ROMAN TUB VALVE 006.jpg

Here are some pics of the piping, the city wouldn't allow me 1.5", thats right, 1.5 INCHES to the PL, so I had to relocate to the other side of the house, 47' away. Sucked, the customers love the tankless, the thing is it takes 5-20 seconds to get hot water tot he third story kitchen now.

Don't laugh at the thermoseal, I hat corners, especially around propress fittings, since they are long sweeping fittings.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The customer will box all this in by the way. I work by myself. No guy helping me level that galv. The small 1/2" one coming out of the cieling in the corner pic, that was there already, my only work was everything on the strut, 1" galv, hung it all myself, and then tied everything in in that little cubby. 1 ball valve to the house, the other shuts the water down tot he tankless.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Vice grips clamped on the uni-strut make life easy when running pipe alone. Pipe can sit on em when screwed together. Then clamped.

I like the non-split armoflex. It can be slid on as you go right around the corners. Looks nice that way.

Good work man:thumbsup:

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
Very professional...:thumbsup: Got a couple ?'s 4 U
1.Why did you insulate the cold?
2.How long have you been using the ProPress?
3.Feed back on the Propress?
4.Ever try Noritz? What do you think?
5. Track pipe? Can you use this out there?
6.where is the controller mounted?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
The customer will box all this in by the way. I work by myself. No guy helping me level that galv. The small 1/2" one coming out of the cieling in the corner pic, that was there already, my only work was everything on the strut, 1" galv, hung it all myself, and then tied everything in in that little cubby. 1 ball valve to the house, the other shuts the water down tot he tankless.
We don't have a large demand for tankless here ($$$). I helped on one that my helper sold and that was 2 years ago.

The customer will box in the tankless, too, or leave it hanging outside?

That gal is for nat gas, I imagine?

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very professional...:thumbsup: Got a couple ?'s 4 U
1.Why did you insulate the cold? I always insulate both, code wants 5' of hot and 5' of cold insulated, I just go all the way due to lenght
2.How long have you been using the ProPress? About a year now, I love it, takes some time to get used to, but it loks great on tankless, and also for commercial jobs, shut downs, high rise repairs, etc
3.Feed back on the Propress? type K fittings. 50 year warranty
4.Ever try Noritz? What do you think? Love Noritz, tech supposrt is much better with Rinnai though.
5. Track pipe? Can you use this out there? Trac pipe is ok if your gonna run it under a house out of site, but if it's visable, hell no.
6.where is the controller mounted? remote will be behind unit once drywall is put back, right now it is installed, just laying on a half wall not pictured.

Good times :thumbsup:

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
clean job there!! what kind of thread sealant did you use?? those threads look bare to me.

I use key tite, and then go and clean each joint after I am done installing. Can't stand extra dope all over.....:whistling2:

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We don't have a large demand for tankless here ($$$). I helped on one that my helper sold and that was 2 years ago.

The customer will box in the tankless, too, or leave it hanging outside?

That gal is for nat gas, I imagine?

He will leave it like it is, if he wanted it boxed, I would have installed a recess box. ;) I was gonna o recess box ont he other side of the house, wouldn't of had to run all the extra piping, but the city wouldn't allow us the 1.5" the vent would stick out the box, the house it right on 36" PL

·
Registered
567 Posts
Robert, you definitely love that Pro-Press, really looks good!!! I recall your mentioning it in a few of your posts. What's the phrase, use it or lose it right!!
Nice work man.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts