Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm trying to implement it in my van meaning I will start printing invoices from qucikbooks. I was sampling and every time I creat an invoice the amount posts as debit into my account.

If i mark invoice as pended then it goes to account receivables and it shows debit.

When i want to receive a payment etc..click save it posts as credit.

so in my ledger i have 2 times the same payment..example:eek:ne says $20 debit and once i receive a paymnet it says $20 credit?

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Oh Plumbcrazy is logged on, Hopefully she will see this thread.

I would have to nominate HER as the quickbooks help guide here on this forum , I have no idea as I don't use it.....yet :)

·
Banned
913 Posts
So I'm trying to implement it in my van meaning I will start printing invoices from qucikbooks. I was sampling and every time I creat an invoice the amount posts as debit into my account.

If i mark invoice as pended then it goes to account receivables and it shows debit.

When i want to receive a payment etc..click save it posts as credit.

so in my ledger i have 2 times the same payment..example:eek:ne says $20 debit and once i receive a paymnet it says $20 credit?
Accounting is double entry for everything.

Example: Creating an invoice (This is what the journal entry would look like, though you don't see it in Quickbooks. Not sure how you know it is a credit vs. debit in Quickbooks).
Journal Entry 1
Create Inv. for Joe Blow Debit Credit
A/R $296.00
Services Inc. (Our labor) $150.00
Materials Inc. $146.00

TOTAL $296.00 $296.00

Journal Entry 2
Joe Blow Pays (YAY!) Debit Credit
Cash $296.00
A/R $296.00

TOTAL $296.00 $296.00

Journal Entry 1 A/R is debited and in Entry 2 it is credited out. You have recorded someone owes you money and then that someone paid you money.

Journal Entry 1 Sales is credited and broken down. In Entry 2, your cash is debitted (which is good).

Are you confusing debits and credits? The way I try to remember is that if I call to complain about a bill, they offer me a credit (good for me!). So that means credit is bad for the company (less money). So if credit is bad, debit is good. It works for me.

Again, you shouldn't be seeing debits/credits. However, my Quickbooks is an older version.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tnks for reply..

When I create invoice it posts to my banking account immediatly. when i go to user register it is posted under payments(it deducts from my curent maounts) not a deposit. under customer name it says account receivable.

Shouldnt it be posted under deposit?

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I love my quickbooks, but i keep being told that the msn version is better. But who would want to start from scratch? I wish they had a version i could use on my blackberry for invoicing, my bug man has one, and he just hooks it up to a printer and prints the sheit out and WAMO!, its linke to the company computer and hes out of here. now that i think about it, im making a call to them on monday, ill find out the software/stuff that they use.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Leanna03 please contact Nathan the Admin about advertising on here, in the mean time don't advertise without his authorization first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts