Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been going with the 1/4 turn stops and have moved away standard turn stops, these will last longer and give you that positive shutdown.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
We've been using the brasscraft quarter turns for quite a few years now. Very happy with the product. Typically use the 5/8" compression angles and straights. Not too fond of the chrome nips and threaded stops.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Quarter turns are the way to go. I stock plenty on my truck, and I install quite a few. Compression mostly, but some HOs want soldered on so I stock them as well.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
If my wife sees these stops I will be installing them in my home. Pretty cool looking KTS
The down side is they are only available in IPS, and they have no flats on them for tightening. They do give a nice finished look though, but is your wife willing to pay seventy dollars a pair for the look?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look European made, are they?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
European's make some nice stuff.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The down side is they are only available in IPS, and they have no flats on them for tightening. They do give a nice finished look though, but is your wife willing to pay seventy dollars a pair for the look?
Dude she bought a 1000$ baby bed:eek: I would imagine she would pay that much but I would probly talk her out of it. Gotta have money to eat:laughing:

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Dude she bought a 1000$ baby bed:eek: I would imagine she would pay that much but I would probly talk her out of it. Gotta have money to eat:laughing:
I have those stops in my master bath on the lav, in polished nickel, but I didn't have to pay for them, actually, the only fixture in my master bath that I did pay for was the tub, the rest was stuff that the customer changed their mind on too late, or decided they didn't like after it was installed, and they paid for it anyway.

·
Registered
843 Posts
In this area, the early 1/4 turn stops I found lasted about a year before the o-rings started leaking through the stem. Since I'm just about changed over to 1/4 turns now, I hope the newer ones have better design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts