Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
We recently had an Americast tub installed that had a "bubble" (sound was like a mason jar being opened when you stepped on the spot).
We called Americast and they asked us to send a video of the sound, pictures of the newly installed tub/tile and our receipt for tub. The representative told us to contact our contractor and get a quote for the cost to replace the tub and tile. We were told there was no guarantee they would cover it but it was worth a try. We were happily surprised that American Standard agreed to pay for the cost of a new tub and labor/material costs. Our contractor has been busy with other jobs and has been unable to come out and redo the work. In the meantime we have been using the tub (4 months) and the bubble has mysteriously disappeared in the past week or two. Do we go ahead with reinstall? I really don't want my bathroom torn up again if I don't have to but I'm afraid the bubble will come back over time, Any professional opinions on what to do?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
We recently had an Americast tub installed that had a "bubble" (sound was like a mason jar being opened when you stepped on the spot).
We called Americast and they asked us to send a video of the sound, pictures of the newly installed tub/tile and our receipt for tub. The representative told us to contact our contractor and get a quote for the cost to replace the tub and tile. We were told there was no guarantee they would cover it but it was worth a try. We were happily surprised that American Standard agreed to pay for the cost of a new tub and labor/material costs. Our contractor has been busy with other jobs and has been unable to come out and redo the work. In the meantime we have been using the tub (4 months) and the bubble has mysteriously disappeared in the past week or two. Do we go ahead with reinstall? I really don't want my bathroom torn up again if I don't have to but I'm afraid the bubble will come back over time, Any professional opinions on what to do?
Hit it with a 10lb sledgehammer

21 - 23 of 23 Posts