1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Where is the bowl caps? I just had to ask. :laughing:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Is that chrome thing in the bowl connected to the s.s. supply?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure, but where the hell is the vacume breaker or back flow device at??
I'm thinking that the supply to the outlet has a check where it connects to the faucet.As far as a vac break, it is not above the flood level rim of the fixture, but that really doesnt matter when it is in a place where it gets peed on.Neither are sufficient protection to the potable water system for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is not something I put in.(nor would I ever)I got the pic from another bbs that has nothing to do with plumbing.
In my opinion it is a dangerous fixture.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
That installation is illegal by BOCA code, which is rare BOCA allows just about everything, including wet vented floor toilets.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I'll be the ignorant one, ... again, because I have no idea what I'm even looking at. Is this supposed to be some kind of fill valve? Who makes it?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Assuming that chrome thing in the bowl is connected to the ss supply, which in turn is connected to the chrome shank outside the toilet, which may or may not contain a pimp, I can only conclude that it is to code.

Or it's piggybacking off the fill valve vacuum breaker.

·
Master Plumber/Mechanical
172 Posts

Isn't the vac break under the knob/handle? Not sure but following following the white connection to the side then through the valve there is a large cylinder looking check then ss looks like it goes to the bidet orfice

I wouldn't install

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not sure of what the installation is used for but since the potable water supply outlet is submerged in the toilette bowl this is a perfect example of a cross connection. I would consider this a high hazard connection and either remove it or install the appropriate back flow preventer. It looks like a combination toilette and bidet.
Roger

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
I can't imagine that meeting code anywhere outside of the 3rd world...

It sure is a popular item with people of middle eastern decent...
When requested to install one I say what Nancy Regan taught me to say to drugs...

No!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts