Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Plumber, Totally
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trailer park (seriously) water main replacement going in on Tuesday of next week. Site scouting pictures. Water main has been in the ground for 3 years. Property owner (investor) has repaired no less than 10 bursts in 3 years (I wonder why). trunk line is 3", service laterals are 3/4"
Installing pvc trunk lines, bell end, pressure fittings, meters, boxes, prv's, and ball valves on Tues and Wed next week.

Count the bushings....

Currently holding 180 PSI. Am planning on shooting pipe with .22 prior to repair, and posting the video...

Total

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Total Plumber I did a mobile home park emergency leak about 6 years ago. The 4" copper main had been shut off for 3 days while a local LICENSED plumbing company tried to make a repair. About 1200 units without water. I get out there and after pumping the ditch down I see a 4" copper pipe with No hub bands on each side and 4" abs in the middle. I thought I had the wrong pipe till I turned on the backflow and confirmed it was domestic.:blink: I recommended to the frantic park owner that he have the enitre 10 man shop drug tested:laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
is that sanitary or fresh water? Oh, and for those of you that don't know, its pronounced "Dir tay. Dirte', see I put the E on the end to make it sound more fancy.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Oh Mullet? thats my cousin. Its pronouced Mole Lay. He just put one of these at the end ' .

I just wonder how many trips to ace hardware did it take to make that bushing tree. And how many times have I told you guys, CLEAN UP YOUR BEER CANS AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Was it leaking?

·
Banned
60 Posts
So you fail to recognize a joke?

Errr... Ummm, Nope I for sure recognized it as a joke, If interperated otherwise NOT. :)

Let me rephrase : It make sme really angry that wannabe plumbers will install such a POS and rip off Mrs Jones whon is clueless.

Fittings like that will help spread a pandemic and until we have a pandemic and it is recognized that jackleg plumbers and wannbes on roofs etc are doing more harm it will continue, unfortunately, our kids will be dead first. The same guys who clean drains from roofs are the same loosers whom will bang a hole in an 8" sewer and scab in a lateral with a POS fitting as pictured, right next door to a HOSPITAL! :furious:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts