Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section I'm new, and a bit desperate.

I just had a new hot water system (gas) 135L installed, brand is Vulcan. 4 hrs have passed since it was installed and the water is dead cold (the hot tap). When I first tried it, the water was hot so I thought it was fine but then suddenly it started spitting crazily at me (air), for a while, then it stopped, but the water was cold from there on.

I went out side and the heater furnace fire was off, currently set to temperature setting 5 of 7, I turned it to 6 and then the furnace lit up, couple hours later, the water is warm for 10 seconds if lucky, then dead cold. Is this normal because according to google, it takes 40-1.5hrs max to full heat up.

I called the owner of the company and he says I need wait more hours. This cost me 1.5k!

·
Super Moderator
8,392 Posts
Hi,

I just had a new hot water system (gas) 135L installed, brand is Vulcan. 4 hrs have passed since it was installed and the water is dead cold (the hot tap). When I first tried it, the water was hot so I thought it was fine but then suddenly it started spitting crazily at me (air), for a while, then it stopped, but the water was cold from there on.

I went out side and the heater furnace fire was off, currently set to temperature setting 5 of 7, I turned it to 6 and then the furnace lit up, couple hours later, the water is warm for 10 seconds if lucky, then dead cold. Is this normal because according to google, it takes 40-1.5hrs max to full heat up.

I called the owner of the company and he says I need wait more hours. This cost me 1.5k!
Did you know a furnace is supposed to be inside the house and not outside? If it's cold out and your furnace is playing in the back yard in the snow you can buy it a fur coat.

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Reactions: MASTRPLUMB

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Hi,

that suxs for you and you way overpaid for that system , it shouldnt have cost more than $850.00 installed...you got ripped off big time..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts