Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the help with quickbooks, just purchased my copy of the dummies series today. I have noticed that several of you guys must have websites, and advertise on craigslist. How does craiglsist advertising help. I was so busy back in the summer, I missed the deadline for the phone book this year, and need some way to draw in more business. Just not sure where to start. A service add in the paper is pretty expensive, and would really like to be able to stand out. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Craigslist SUCKS , nothing but the 95 / 5 rule there.

You need a simple site with personal; info.

I will be holding a class right here on how to do it if you stick around :)

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
"Everybody havin' fun tonight"

"Everybody Fung Schwe tonight!"

I've been doing CraigsList for a couple months off and on. Keeps the phone ringing but it's hard to get prospects that pay most times.

If you clearly type out what you do and don't do, they still call from 20 miles away, don't speak fluent english, call 4 times trying to hustle ya.

I've made $170 being on there, pays for my time typing for 4 minutes every other day,

AND,

search engines pick up your information by being on there.

I reversed searched my company and found my recent listing on there.

THAT, is a very good reason to constantly put it up there for all to see.

Remember the majority don't do this, and you get the much needed exposure this way.

I've walked away from posting at times and people still find me from weeks ago, pretty cool! :thumbsup:​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts