Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just cut someones wall out to install the same cleanout on a double lav', next time leave it out it gives us repair guys something to do.:no:

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Looks good. I miss copper in houses:cry:

Just wondering, not plumbing, but is emt conduit required there in residential?

·
Registered
13 Posts
We don't have to put the clean outin down here. I would like to know how you like those j stle waste hangers and if there are any prblems using them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The other part about what makes the J hooks useful is that you can "pre-hang" them and they'll support the pipe while you're assembling it. No need for a helper on the other end.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
jjbex, I keep looking at your stuff and saying "this guy "thinks" just like I do. All the little details that are so important to me, you do.

But it's more than that. It's how you run your pipe. Which fittings you use where. That kind of stuff. Lean and clean. Like it should be.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks,
that means a lot. Respect from my peers means a lot. I did a job at a nuke last year and the site contact guy was so impressed he took multiple pictures of where I hung two pass through electric heaters. I managed to make identical installations, I even bent tubing the same. This guy was making copies of the pictures and passing them out at project meetings. That was nice. Even though I am 45 years old, a pat on the back really feels great.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Thanks,
that means a lot. Respect from my peers means a lot. I did a job at a nuke last year and the site contact guy was so impressed he took multiple pictures of where I hung two pass through electric heaters. I managed to make identical installations, I even bent tubing the same. This guy was making copies of the pictures and passing them out at project meetings. That was nice. Even though I am 45 years old, a pat on the back really feels great.
UA training I would say.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes,
Local 422, Joliet, Illinois. One of my first instructors impressed upon us the importance of using 45's where ever possible. His brother had us solder cleaned and uncleaned pipe fittings, then cut the fittings off lengthwise with a hacksaw. We then could see the difference that makes. But what struck the most was how easy you could sand the tin off a uncleaned joint, compared to a cleaned joint.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts