Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, We are Acute Plumbing Care, operating as a residential and commercial servicing company out of Hunt County, TX. We joined with the intention of finding like minded people to bring to our team, but are very excited about being a part of a forum that seems to be very openminded and full of information to add to our own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this is your plan to run a "Help Wanted" service for your enterprise ?
If I may ask, which part of the "we" get's their hands dirty ?
I am confused by what you're asking. If you're asking if all employees get their hands dirty, the answer is yes. Our technicians also include the owner of the company, and the office personnel. If this is a forum to share and learn and network, why are we being judgmental of people we do not know? Please do not come at us, because as a company, it is US and WE. Does it matter if we joined with the initial idea of gaining from a forum specifically intended to aid in gain? I believe WE are entitled to do that since it IS a perk of this forum. WE joined because there were better reviews for this FORUM FULL OF DIFFERENT OPPORTUNITIES AND INFORMATION, then there were anywhere else. We have been on here for one day and received nothing but flack. PLEASE do not concern yourself with who WE is when it comes to running a company you know nothing about.

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
I am confused by what you're asking. If you're asking if all employees get their hands dirty, the answer is yes. Our technicians also include the owner of the company, and the office personnel. If this is a forum to share and learn and network, why are we being judgmental of people we do not know? Please do not come at us, because as a company, it is US and WE. Does it matter if we joined with the initial idea of gaining from a forum specifically intended to aid in gain? I believe WE are entitled to do that since it IS a perk of this forum. WE joined because there were better reviews for this FORUM FULL OF DIFFERENT OPPORTUNITIES AND INFORMATION, then there were anywhere else. We have been on here for one day and received nothing but flack. PLEASE do not concern yourself with who WE is when it comes to running a company you know nothing about.
The longer you stick around you’ll see how many homeowners, diy’ers and hacks that register here daily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The longer you stick around you’ll see how many homeowners, diy’ers and hacks that register here daily.
I can understand that, but in someone's first 24-hours of being on a forum, to be judged by how many of their employees ACTUALLY get down and dirty, is DUMB, go talk to the owners of the biggest companies in any area, and ask them that stupid question. If people would waste less time on being the troll, and more time in maybe just typing in a company name on google, then they might find out a little something about the company. Trolling is for folks that don't have anything better to do with their time, for instance WORKING to get those gains WE are here for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can understand that, but in someone's first 24-hours of being on a forum, to be judged by how many of their employees ACTUALLY get down and dirty, is DUMB, go talk to the owners of the biggest companies in any area, and ask them that stupid question. If people would waste less time on being the troll, and more time in maybe just typing in a company name on google, then they might find out a little something about the company. Trolling is for folks that don't have anything better to do with their time, for instance WORKING to get those gains WE are here for.
Relax and take a deep breath. I was simply asking a question about your "New Member Introduction" that looked a lot like a solicitation for employees (rather than an introduction).
Sorry if you took it as anything other than a question.

FWIW, don't accuse people on internet forums that YOU KNOW nothing about of being Trolls !
I have been a continuously license Plumber since 1982 (I have a bit of experience), I did google your company (in GreenvilleTX) and reviewed your entire web site (Beforehand, it needs some grammar correction) since you accused me of simply "being a Troll".

Peace Brother !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of us speak of ourselves and represent ourselves I think overall. So you posturing as a “we” for the gain of the company you represent comes off pretty ostentatious, at least to me.
We are family owned and operated, and we take pride in treating those that come through our doors with respect, and integrity, we look to our employees for improvements that we could make everyday. That is why I refer to us as WE and US, it is important to us that everyone is heard. We are not intentionally coming off as ostentatious.
Relax and take a deep breath. I was simply asking a question about your "New Member Introduction" that looked a lot like a solicitation for employees (rather than an introduction).
Sorry if you took it as anything other than a question.

FWIW, don't accuse people on internet forums that YOU KNOW nothing about of being Trolls !
I have been a continuously license Plumber since 1982 (I have a bit of experience), I did google your company (in GreenvilleTX) and reviewed your entire web site (Beforehand, it needs some grammar correction) since you accused me of simply "being a Troll".

Peace Brother !
This comment needs grammar corrections, but please don't continue. Also, its enough for us that you have only ever created 2 posts in the 4 years you have been on here, and choose to speak on someone else creating their very first post in the first 24 hours of being on this forum to accuse us of being solicitors. WE are sorry if you thought we were being rude, or defensive, but we felt like we were being attacked for introducing ourselves and a goal of ours for being on the forum.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We are family owned and operated, and we take pride in treating those that come through our doors with respect, and integrity, we look to our employees for improvements that we could make everyday. That is why I refer to us as WE and US, it is important to us that everyone is heard. We are not intentionally coming off as ostentatious.

This comment needs grammar corrections, but please don't continue. Also, its enough for us that you have only ever created 2 posts in the 4 years you have been on here, and choose to speak on someone else creating their very first post in the first 24 hours of being on this forum to accuse us of being solicitors. WE are sorry if you thought we were being rude, or defensive, but we felt like we were being attacked for introducing ourselves and a goal of ours for being on the forum.
You all (they/them?) didn’t abide by the guidelines for an intro. No pics, no scope of work, no specific stories, nothing to relate you to us or us to you. Every intro this generic is taken poorly. Taking it personally is your problem.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
@AcutePlumbingCareLLC.

It seems like you came here to solve a problem. It seems like you came here to hire. Let’s not lose site of your objective.

When I came here, I was looking for advice. As many of us do. Before I got that advice, I needed to prove myself. There is a vetting process, unofficial or official and it matters to the members and you will be vetted if you post here; you will not get a lick of information until you are vetted.

1) This site is full of sarcastic-smart people, who dish it. Most of them take it too. It’s part of the site. If you don’t like it, don’t come here.

2) This site sees a ton of diy and handy people looking for free advice, skills, and knowledge. It’s important to bear that in mind when you post here. You are considered a non plumbing professional until proven otherwise.

3) If you truly wish to hire, think about the objective. More importantly, think about the rhetoric you are projecting to a group of people from who you want something. I bet there’s someone, or someone with a friend or at least a network connection that knows someone that you might be able to hire.

This is a highly varied group of plumbing professionals who take it seriously. There is a TON of knowledge and some really good people here, and is worth being a part of.

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
@AcutePlumbingCareLLC.

It seems like you came here to solve a problem. It seems like you came here to hire. Let’s not loose site of your objective.

When I came here, I was looking for advice. As many of us do. Before I got that advice, I needed to prove myself. There is a vetting process, unofficial or official and it matters to the members and you will be vetted if you post here; you will not get a lick of information until you are vetted.

1) This site is full of sarcastic-smart people, who dish it. Most of them take it too. It’s part of the site. If you don’t like it, don’t come here.

2) This site sees a ton of diy and handy people looking for free advice, skills, and knowledge. It’s important to bear that in mind when you post here. You are considered a non plumbing professional until proven otherwise.

3) If you truly wish to hire, think about the objective. More importantly, think about the rhetoric you are projecting to a group of people from who you want something. I bet there’s someone, or someone with a friend or at least a network connection that knows someone that you might be able to hire.

This is a highly varied group of plumbing professionals who take it seriously. There is a TON of knowledge and some really good people here, and is worth being a part of.
Well put sir!

·
Registered
36 Posts

WOW ! ! You are so self centered and defensive you cannot even accept an apology. And to add to that you have to attack others as a defense (due to your own insecurity ?).
Better get a thicker skin.

Peace Out ! You will be ignored from here on out .

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Very few that could be good standing members stay around in this type of situation. My guess is most comments here are correct, the primary reason for Acute Plumbing joining here was to find employees.

As a business owner myself I know how difficult it is to find employees but we are here strictly to talk about plumbing and life. Or if you recruit at least be an engaging member of this forum.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts