Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I’m from Halifax, Nova Scotia and new to this forum.
I am converting a 2 unit property into 5 units and was wondering if I could use Abs plumbing to add the kitchens drains as the current units are all done in abs.
Is abs allowed or do I need to use pvc piping instead ? I can’t seem to get a definite answer as some say you must use pvc where the piping penetrates from floor to floor.
Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
1,829 Posts
Did you read the forum rules before you posted here?
It says “this forum is for Professional plumbers only”
And if you don’t know the dif between ABS and PVC pipe you’re NOT a plumber.

·
1,829 Posts
What you need to do is hire a lic’ed plumber to do the work, cuz there is no way you know what you’re doing, if you don’t know what pipe to use.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I’m an apprentice plumber and do know the diff between abs and pvc . Never hurts to double check
So if you're an apprentice plumber why don't you look in your code book or ask your master or journeyman for the answer and where you could find it in the book?

I know there are times the internet is better but this seems simple enough to answer that you should be able to ask the ones training you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
1,829 Posts
If you are an apprentice, don’t you have a code book?
And why would you not ask the company and or the lic’ed plumber you’re working for/or under before you came online to make a fool of yourself?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.