Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I started my day with an hour and a half drive to the Buderus Plant this morning to attend an 8 hour solar training seminar. It was well worth the trip. I have not been exactly freindly to the solar thing over the past years but after seeing the new panels and their capabilities, along with the new modular control and pumping stations, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Though it must still be said that up here in the NE we are still looking at about a 14 year payback @ 60 % of domestic hot water useage. On the plus side the new panels should last 30 to 50 years, unlike the old crap we had in the late 70's. From there I had to race back to the school for a 3 hour radiant and control seminar hosted by Rich Trethewey. For those of you installing boilers, if you are not adding re-set controls, rich would have made a believer of you. ( I've been in that camp for years) Rich was very entertaining and is very knowledgable on the subject of hydronics. All in all a long day but worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts