Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to only post here when I have a problem or need to vent about something. I realized that I should also post successful, positive stuff too!

Today I grossed close to $1200 in sales working 8 hours. Of that maybe $200 was materials. Not only that but I brought home about 30 pounds of scrap copper piping and wire.:rockon:

Today was a good day.:thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Today on commission pay, I cleared $410.00, did I mention taxes suck. Did you know one who get 25 per hour it will take them 16 hours to make this much, I did it in 9 hours.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I tend to only post here when I have a problem or need to vent about something. I realized that I should also post successful, positive stuff too!

Today I grossed close to $1200 in sales working 8 hours. Of that maybe $200 was materials. Not only that but I brought home about 30 pounds of scrap copper piping and wire.:rockon:

Today was a good day.:thumbup:
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!! Now do it every day!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Total company sales today equals $1493

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats kickass money Ron! Nice work.

What am I doing differently lately? Honestly, it sounds cliche and cheesy, but ever since I printed my sales goals (for day/week/month) and posted them in bold print up on my office wall, my sales have exploded. I see that page of my goals hanging on the wall every day, and I think about my sales goals all the time and just that alone is making a huge difference so far.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you don't measure, you don't know.

·
Banned
239 Posts
some days i do better with scrap than work......im the guy at jobs who climbs in the dumpster and throws out any thing with metal on it.....ill go the extra mile just to get the last piece of scrap

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Great going Carl, about a month ago I was able to sewer inspect an entire neighborhood which turned out to be 9 jobs.

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another Good Day!

This morning I was heading to a 'callback' on a 1" pvc well-head pipe that I repaired. Mark (grumpyplumber) called me to discuss something and I told him how I had a callback to go on and I was really upset because I haven't had a warranty call in a really, really loooooong time.:cry:

Anyway, I get out there and it turns out the leak is NOT on my repair, its under the concrete pad 4' deep in the earth. Luckily I had everything I needed right in my truck including my new Hilti rotary hammer! (gone are the days when I need to waste time and gas driving to rent one just for a small service call.):thumbup: So I break up the slab, dig down about 4' and repipe the pvc in 1" pex. I hate PVC for waterlines as I am constantly repairing broken fittings underground. I like copper for city water, pex for well-water (acidic here) PVC for waterlines is not allowed indoors here, but it is allowed underground for waterlines, god knows why, the stuff is awful. Anyway, I get it repaired and turn the well-pump on and everything looks ok, but then I notice the well-tank in the crawlspace is leaking at the tank-tee and the tank is completely waterlogged! So I go and get a new tank, tank-tee, pressure switch, gauge, relief valve, etc.

LOOOOOOONG, HARD day digging and sweating, but I made good money for my trouble. My back will be sore tomorrow. Here are some pics:

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
I was actually thinking of calling ya back to ask..looks like your worries were unfounded...saaaweeeeet!

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
You gotta tell how you managed to get an entire neighborhood to pay for sewer inspections! Was this through a home owner's association?
It was a cul de sac and I was doing a draincleaning./inspection and a neighbor ended up walking by and asked if I could inspect his line as well. I dropped the price significanlty to get the job but it took 10 minutes and a video tape. He ended up talking to other neighbors and one thing led to another.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts