Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone pay more than that in Fl? I never have and don't know anyone in my area that does. I had an applicant claim he was doing better than 50k at his last job. Any thoughts?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Edit:(Re-read your question. Didn't see where it said in FL)

Lotsa places can gross a journeyman over 50k.

Chicago area journeyman can gross in the 100k neighborhood with OT and good work skills.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Does anyone pay more than that in Fl? I never have and don't know anyone in my area that does. I had an applicant claim he was doing better than 50k at his last job. Any thoughts?
I am here in FL. I have not worked for someone in quite sometime. The best year I had working at a journeyman level was around 56k, it was at a piece rate company At the time I re-piped homes and mobile homes. If I had worked hourly I would have made about 18k less that year. The best non union rates I have seen are around $28.00 per hour. That was 4 years ago during the heart of the property boom. Other than that, the guys that seem to make the most are piece rate (when there is work), comissioned service work, and ticket time guys for service.

The bottom line is this, we do not have **** happening here right now. Florida is flat on its ass, just keep in mind the hand you are holding as the employer. However, with all that said, a good journeyman is worth his weight in gold. Even in these depression like times good help is good help, and has always been hard to find. Do not be afraid to pay a guy well. Because that good guy will be one less headache for you to chase. Nothing in business is more valuable than talented labor.

During the boom, english speaking was a godsend. English speaking and showing up on time was a blessing. Showing up on time and sober, wow you have really got it now. Showing up on time, sober, and with a valid drivers license this was a miracle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts