Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has ever seen a toilet that expensive? You know, the one Ken Lewis c.e.o. of Bank of America has?
If you know which one he has, please post a pic here. I want to see it.
I have installed some really expensive one peice Kohler toilets before but never have I heard of one costing that much. Or a $16,000.00 trash can either. Come on...:icon_mad:

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Who here has ever seen a toilet that expensive? You know, the one Ken Lewis c.e.o. of Bank of America has?
If you know which one he has, please post a pic here. I want to see it.
I have installed some really expensive one peice Kohler toilets before but never have I heard of one costing that much. Or a $16,000.00 trash can either. Come on...:icon_mad:
Here is the "commode" (not toilet) in question.

Mark

Attachments

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
So where do I poop?
Hopefully in a toilet and not in a cabinet. The story about a $32,000 toilet is one of those Internet stories which take on a life of their own. One dope reporter didn't realize a commode could also be a cabinet and assumed it was a $32,000 toilet. From there the story kept being passed on in error.

com⋅mode/kəˈmoʊd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuh-mohd] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun
1.a low cabinet or similar piece of furniture, often highly ornamental, containing drawers or shelves.
2.a stand or cupboard containing a chamber pot or washbasin.
3.toilet (def. 1).
4.a portable toilet, esp. one on a chairlike frame with wheels, as for an invalid.
5.an elaborate headdress consisting chiefly of a high framework decorated with lace, ribbons, etc., worn perched on top of the hair by women in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.

Reactions: uaplumber

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, ok. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. But what about the trash can? I do correct myself though. It was 15,000.00. Not 16. Typo on my part.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Oh now hang on. $15,000 is reasonable for a trash can. $16,000 is just crazy:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts