Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I live in a condo and in my utility closet I have a drain line tied into my ac and a drain line for my t and valve. They are both 3/4 in and go directly into the slab and tie into the sewer. In an effort to prevent sewer gasses I wanted to get a p-trap installed and have a trap primer installed but noticed that usually the trap primer feeds into a normal size drain not a 3/4in copper pipe. Will the trap primer be able to sense the pressure in a 3/4in pipe enough to prime the trap on occasion or is there another solution? Please let me know if you need any more additional details. Thank you!

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Hello,
I live in a condo and in my utility closet I have a drain line tied into my ac and a drain line for my t and valve. They are both 3/4 in and go directly into the slab and tie into the sewer. In an effort to prevent sewer gasses I wanted to get a p-trap installed and have a trap primer installed but noticed that usually the trap primer feeds into a normal size drain not a 3/4in copper pipe. Will the trap primer be able to sense the pressure in a 3/4in pipe enough to prime the trap on occasion or is there another solution? Please let me know if you need any more additional details. Thank you!

All other issues aside, if you install a trap primer you'll also need an RPZ Backflow Preventer. Do you have space for one of those as well? It's required whenever you connect a potable water line to the sanitary sewer.

Reactions: DDDave and sparky

·
Nickled and Dimed
27 Posts
Hello,
Its possible. Try back later.

·
Registered
Master Plumber
46 Posts
Hello,
Condensate line should not tie directly to a sanitary drain, you need an air gap, nor should T&P valve, it should be directed outside if there is no floor drain in your mechanical room.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts