Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am renovating my home in the Lutherville MD area and have ~ 25section of Ward flex remnant available!
$120! (<$5/foot)

·
Registered
Plumber
159 Posts
I'm interested however I don't believe that is 25 ft. Roll it out and put a measuring tape on it take pictures show me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm interested however I don't believe that is 25 ft. Roll it out and put a measuring tape on it take pictures show me
It was 50’ when I started and we used 25’….🤷‍♂️If you’re serious I’ll measure.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Neighbors across the street having a pool party. Lol, the two people looking over wondering wtf the crazy neighbor is doing measuring that yellow pipe.

$5/ft is waaay too much. Maybe $2/ft.

·
Registered
Plumber
159 Posts
Sorry I didnt specify, my cost, I paid $6 ft @ 50ft so I paid $300.
Yeah you paid way too much to that. Any decent plumber gets discount through their suppliers. Considering I'm about a 50% discount on material anyways and that's a used piece of material and everybody knows it depreciates when you take it off the lot very I'd say 50 cents per foot is a fair rate. Besides you may want to keep it because if you installed the other one wrong which you probably did you're going to get pinhole leaks

·
Registered
Plumber
159 Posts
Neighbors across the street having a pool party. Lol, the two people looking over wondering wtf the crazy neighbor is doing measuring that yellow pipe.

$5/ft is waaay too much. Maybe $2/ft.
Who would want to pay 2$ per ft for pipe that was rolled out?...

I bet the neighbors see this kinda stuff all the time. I wonder if he sold the extra drywall screws he purchased. He prolly engineered it and charged by the screw and not the weight

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
He spent 300$ and got 25' out of it? I don't do hvac so correct me if I'm wrong, but is copper really that expensive now? I get that black iron would be more labour but depending on the setup might have made sense.

Could you have run smaller, individual copper lines to each appliance instead of the one flex?

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Is a solder joint on a gas line legal?

·
Registered
Plumber
159 Posts
He is claiming 300 for 50ft. He is trying to sell 27ft at 5$a foot...lol.. I mean really.

I suppose a plumber came and gave him an estimate and he probably got mad citing pricing.

I'm sure he has his gas certifications and training as well as pulled a permit and sized his meter. Luckily gas doesn't kill people, stupid people kill people.

I really wish supply house would demand a license when letting people purchase these things. I can't buy booze without an id.

I bet my weeks wage he is happy with the current administration.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
He is claiming 300 for 50ft. He is trying to sell 27ft at 5$a foot...lol.. I mean really.
I understand that he got 50' for 300$, but my point is, he effectively spent 300$ to run 25' of pipe. I don't see costs a lot but 300$ to run 25' of 1" or 7/8" gas line seems excessive. And he ran crappy flex pipe that punctures easily.

I bought a 20' stick of 3/4" L for 45$ 6 months ago.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts