Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is Jacob and I’m a first year apprentice in the DC area with Local 05. I’ve got 4 more years of school and just recently have gotten paired with a company. Doing commercial construction.

First job site I’ve been on has been at a vet clinic so lots of interesting stuff going on. Looking forward to using this site as a resource as I expand my knowledge. Thanks I’m advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Welcome. A bit light on the intro. Why did you get into plumbing, How much training (apprentice, etc.). What do you like about the industry. Cast or PVC.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Welcome! I miss my apprentice years. My first (and second) job was at a hospital. Lots and lots of neat work. Cast iron, carriers, clinical sinks, med gas, chill water, rain leaders, gas piping. heaven on earth..........

Your vet clinic job will have a lot of similar. Enjoy and post pictures.

·
Super Moderator
9,301 Posts

In order to join this community you need to demonstrate you are a professional in the trades outlined in the rules. We ask you to post an introduction.

Are you an employee, apprentice, journeyman, business owner?
Tell us if you had to go to trade school. How long?
How many hours or steps(1/2/3/4) before you become a journeyman?
What trade certificate do you have, plumbing, gas, oil, pipe fitter etc.? How did you get them, exams, courses, or free in a cracker jack box?
What about your recent jobs, describe what you actually do and what type of building : houses, high rises, commercial building, institutional, oil refineries, paper mills etc.

Tell us about you, some funny plumbing jobs and or horror stories.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Welcome, do you prefer round or square shovel?

Lord help the apprentice who is handed a round shovel!

Wood Kitchen utensil Folk instrument Hardwood Metal

I prefer a spade myself.

Audio equipment Wood Magenta Output device Metal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts