Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not raised my prices since November 2005. Well today was the day. I went up $200 on my water heater installs. I'm paying $425 plus tax for a 50 gal gas water heater and every brand is within $10 of each other. I bought a 50 gallon Ruud water heater, (1) 20' stick of 3/4" L copper, and (1) 2 gallon thermal expansion tank, ... $570.00 :eek:. Installed it this morning. With the price increase I am now at $1241.00 for a 50 ng basic install no extras.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
This area is pretty rural around here, a lot of "DIYs" too. . .so service calls are few and far between. That's why the plumbers around here just specialize in new installation.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Left coast prices

For those not familiar with LaLa land ( Calif) the LA county area has their own special smog rules. Since January this year, they require an ULTRA LOW NOX gas WH. The burner looks like the flux capacitor in the DeLorean. A 48 gallon runs over $500 wholesale. ( Notice that the burner got bigger, so to maintain same overall tank size, they took a couple of gallons out of each size!}

·
Banned
239 Posts
wow i get a 50 gallon standard vet nat gas for-285 get even a better discount if i buy 3 or more.....**** i can but a 50 gallon power vent nat gas for 520.....and i live in a very well populated area

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Every time I try to raise prices everyone gets in a tizzy! Maybe the next time I ask them to render a service then when they give me the bill I can sit there and whine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts