Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I've got a couple of those in nickel plated I pulled off some sinks last year, shame the customer didn't want to refinish the sinks.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a couple of those in nickel plated I pulled off some sinks last year, shame the customer didn't want to refinish the sinks.
I’m guessing the strainer was nickel plated?You wouldn’t by chance still have one laying around or any of the drain parts?

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I’m guessing the strainer was nickel plated?You wouldn’t by chance still have one laying around or any of the drain parts?
Yeah, I was thinking about getting them replated since the brass castings are in pretty good shape.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Could have the sink deglazed and a new basket welded in. Cast can be tough to weld, so make sure you find a good welder that can turn the threads for the tailpiece nut. Definitely worth the money to save that awesome antique! Not many left out there!

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,659 Posts
my wife would kill me if I drug that piece of junk home and told her we were
gonna make that work in our kitchen....

It would be nice in a farm house kind of setting I guess....

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
My neighbor has an old farmhouse sink in his basement. It’s actually in really good condition and looks really nice.
When we got this house my wife wanted a big 3 bay sink, so I took the old enamel coated cast iron sink and built a frame for it from some rough cut hardwood beams and put it behind the house.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts