Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
WOW!

It's a good thing it wasn't working, it might have caught fire.

PVC exhaust flue?

Was that condensate rotting out the galvanized flue from the inside?

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts

I think I will print this photo and show it to customers when they ask why I have to pull a permit and get an inspection on every water heater replacement.:thumbup: "This heater is only one year old, installed without a permit. Is this the kind of work you want in your house?":no: My water heater sales would likely skyrocket.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
yeah, it's funny when i see stuff like this. it would take me longer to attempt to do something like this than it would to do it right. somebody probably spent 3 hours and multiple trips to HD to get that heater "intalled". :thumbsup:

paul

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this installation was done by 1 of the plumbers here in town. the water heater flue was tied into furnace vent pipe. i replaced with electric because of time constraints; x-mas eve, they had family coming next day needed hot water asap

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
this installation was done by 1 of the plumbers here in town. the water heater flue was tied into furnace vent pipe. i replaced with electric because of time constraints; x-mas eve, they had family coming next day needed hot water asap

Did they say any thing about your bill?

·
Louisiana Master Plumber
23 Posts
Verry professional he used dilectric unions. he also multi tasked connecting the sink to the water heater. i gess he did not know where to tie in the sewer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts