Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier tonight, I was riding up the bay enjoying the weather and trying to unwind when this big _ing ugly dude on a big _ing ugly bike pulls even on my right. That's real bad etiquette and it surprised me.

I cut the throttle, did a hard right, and gunned it through suburbia and went _ing home.

He may have wanted to party or fight, but either way, it _ing sucked. I mean, I was still in _ing work clothes. If I see him again...I'll run like hell. That dude was uglier than me. :laughing:

·
Registered
356 Posts
thats kinda scary, i watched a show on 1%'rs the other night, had never heard about them until then.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
I saw that on Gang Land on History Channel...I think.

My family has ties to hells Angels. Wife's mother used to date the president of my city years back, but we see him every now and then. I saw him on one of those shows....punk ass mofo's if you ask me. None of them will fight you one on one with fists. That said, in College my best friend was killed on his bike riding home after classes on the freeway. Some Pedro let a ladder loose and took him down, got run over after that...dead before he stopped rolling. That was horrible, I didn't find out until class the next day. So anytime I see a bike comming up on me, I make it a priority to move over to give them more room. They are allowed to pass me, so I figure maybe me doing that will make that guys ride just a little better. Besides of he clipped me I would get really pissed and prolly start whaling on him for messing up my truck.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
I know a bunch of them and they are all pretty much about respect. If you're not wearing colors you are just another biker.

On another note, I had ridden to Mesa, Arizona with a bunch of guys to attend a buddies annual Bar-B-Que. While we were out in the hotel's spa/pool area a couple of Mesa's finest pulled in and were crawling all over our bikes and then went into the office. When they came out one of the guys I was riding with asked what they needed and they blew him off and told him not to worry about it. When we went into the office later the lady in the office said they asked for all of our names and contact info. The funny part was the buddy who was having the Bar-B-Que we were attending was a Seragent for Mesa PD. When we asked him what might have been going on he explained Sunny Barger was having a Bar-B-Que that weekend and they were trying to identify where all the 1%s were staying for when the trouble started. Of course we never had any problems but there were sure a lot of bikes in Mesa that weekend.

Mark

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huh. Coulda been a cop. He was pulling out of the tavern parking lot as I passed, so that's a good bet. That never happened to me in all these decades of riding.

We got alot of outlaws up here and some are bikers. I never could see the point of joining because it would be like painting a target on my back.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Years ago I was on a spring opener run in Idaho there was a good percentage of 1%ers in the crowd..,

I recall some probie from one of the California clubs getting caught stealing a starter off a HD.

I don't know what could make a person do such a stupid thing...:eek:

Somebody definitely took a whumpin!:whistling2:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm gonna go ride to see what I can see...:laughing:
edit-i'll never know.......

·
4,710 Posts
The Bar-B-Que Sonny Barger was holding was about 8-months after the Mongols and the Hells Angels had that fight in Laughlin. The fear was when the founder of the Hell's Angels was hosting a Bar-B-Que the Mongols might take advantage of the gathering. As it turns out the Mongols never showed up.

When Sonny formed the Hells Angels he was living in Oakland. I recall they use to hire out the Hells Angeles as Security Guards for the Teenage Fair which was held in the San Fernando Valley. I think it was because a small group of Hells Angels had taken out a large group of war protestors in Berkley which brought them into the National Headlines. After they got a little too rough with some kids at the fair they were asked to leave and not come back.

Back when Sonny was forming the Hells Angel there was a guy just South of him building custom motorcycles. That guy was Arlen Ness who has probably built more custom H-D than anyone else in the World. Today Arlen Ness is a Victory dealer and here is a picture with Sonny and his Arlen Ness Custom Victory Vision. It's funny how much things can change in 40-years.

Mark

Attachments

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard a NPR interview with him...10 years ago...right after his throat cancer deal.

He admitted there were many better bikes than HD, but he didn't want the flack from "the guys" if he rode them.

He also said smoking was the only thing he regrets, even 10 years in prison was better than being addicted to nicotine.

He never married, never had a kid was the other thing I remember about that radio show.

Barger....trip.

·
4,710 Posts
Arlen now has an advertisement where he says Sonny told him his new Victory is the best built bike he has ever owned. I wonder if Arlen gave him a special deal on it?

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts