Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a soft copper line im connecting to a refigerator and running to the water lines under the kitchen sink. In the past I have always flared this size/type of pipe. I would like to use compression fittings on this install if possible but I dont trust them on this soft copper. The pipe is so small I think a reinforcing insert would completely restict the flow thru the pipe. has neone worked with this before?

·
Test Subject
375 Posts
Ice maker connections are maybe my least favorite connections.
I had one recently, where it was just a piece of pex tubing coming off the fridge!

:furious:

So, weighing my options, I used one of these:

They are going to use these connections all over the fridge anyway, AND it swivels freely which helps when you are pushing a huge box back on a tiny little water line.

I have also used these to connect pex lines for under cabinet water filters and such. I am not a big fan of compression connections on pex into a stop. I'll bring a short stub of copper out and then transition with the coupling.

--Will

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I have a soft copper line im connecting to a refigerator and running to the water lines under the kitchen sink. In the past I have always flared this size/type of pipe. I would like to use compression fittings on this install if possible but I dont trust them on this soft copper. The pipe is so small I think a reinforcing insert would completely restict the flow thru the pipe. has neone worked with this before?

Listen man. I know your profile says you are a plumber. You and I both know that is crap.

The question you asked is not a question a plumber would ask.

Now run along.... Please visit www.diychatroom.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.