Need Help with Sloan Transformer - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Commercial Plumbing

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dhal22
  • 1 Post By Toli
  • 1 Post By plumbersteve27
  • 1 Post By mtfallsmikey

Old 07-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #1

View plumbersteve27's Photo Album My Photos
Default Need Help with Sloan Transformer

Hey all.
Our plumbers tend to wait till last minute to tell us anything so I'm hoping you guys can give me a quick answer so I can go ahead and order what I need in the morning.

We have multiple Sloan hardwired flush valves (ECOS 111) that we need transformers for. The spec sheet calls for a Sloan EL-451. I know nothing about electricity or installing these things, really.
The spec sheet for the EL-451 says "Transformer 6V 25 VA"
...That's it. All it says.
Now, from what I've gathered, that's a 6V output voltage and a 25 VA rating?
No one seems to stock this transformer but I managed to find a transformer, not made by sloan but looks the same, that has 6V output but is only 18 VA rating. Will this work for this flush valve?
We need 3 transformers. One to power 3 FV's, One to power 5 FV's, and One to power 1 FV. The EL-451 can support up to six so I thought maybe it would work since we aren't using it to it's capacity.

Apologies for the essay. Hopefully someone can help because apparently we needed these, like, yesterday.

Thanks
plumbersteve27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #2

Oh, the transformer I found is part number 14W015 on graingers website. If that helps determining if it will work or not.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:07 PM   #3

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

We've replaced Sloan transformers but I don't remember the details. Call Sloan.....
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 06:38 AM   #4

View Toli's Photo Album My Photos

You can go higher on the VA but not lower.
mtfallsmikey likes this.
Toli is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toli For This Useful Post:
mtfallsmikey (Today)
Old 08-01-2019, 07:33 AM   #5

After some digging and a lot of bugging my electrician buddies, turns out we could use them but would only be able to power 1 flush valve per transformer. Guess we have to order them from sloan. Was worth a shot. Need to teach our plumbers some better planning!

Thanks for the responses, everyone!
mtfallsmikey likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumbersteve27 For This Useful Post:
mtfallsmikey (Today)
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #6

View mtfallsmikey's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbersteve27 View Post
After some digging and a lot of bugging my electrician buddies, turns out we could use them but would only be able to power 1 flush valve per transformer. Guess we have to order them from sloan. Was worth a shot. Need to teach our plumbers some better planning!

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I would never replace those with an aftermarket substitution, too many potential issues. What caused them to go out anyway?
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
mtfallsmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:07 PM   #7

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfallsmikey View Post
I would never replace those with an aftermarket substitution, too many potential issues. What caused them to go out anyway?

Assuming he picks an appropriately rated transformer, please, I ask if you could elaborate on what could go wrong?

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote