First project on my own - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Commercial Plumbing

Like Tree24Likes

Old 07-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

View ace4548's Photo Album My Photos
Default First project on my own

First pic is of back to back carrier units. I didn't do underground, foreman did. I came to rough it in. Second pic is urinals . There is a 3rd to the left that is ADA, but I didn't take a very good pic lol. Just became a 3rd year cpl months ago, and this is the first project I just showed up to and foreman says here you go, I have another job to do. He came and looked it over before inspection and liked what he saw.. I should say I have waters all roughed in, but took pics day before I roughed all that in, and don't have pics of sinks . I'm bad at taking pics , and don't always think about posting to here. Lol I'll take more next week with everything tied in and ready for finish.
Attached Thumbnails
First project on my own-image_1498917524936.jpg  

First project on my own-image_1498917570158.jpg  

chonkie and OpenSights like this.
ace4548 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ace4548 For This Useful Post:
422 plumber (08-08-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #2

View The Dane's Photo Album My Photos

Looks good. I have 2 comments. Tee's connecting vertical vents to horizontal vents in the first picture looks to be put in backwards and should have been positioned like the same tee's in the second picture. I see fernco couplings for vents instead of shielded proflex couplings, here I believe all dwv pipes has to be shielded above ground and fernco only allowed underground. Small stuff. I like what I see.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
sparky likes this.
The Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #3

What you can't see is at the end there is a 90 turned up by the wall. So I have them going right direction. I tied all the vents together the next day. Agree on Ferncos, it's legal here, but I asked for clamp alls, I prefer them. Boss ordered those. These pics were from day 1, next day did couple sinks, tied in vents, started waters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #4

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos

I don't see any tell tale blue from primer at the joints. The sanitary cross above the urinals is installed upside down. Are the vents that penetrate the floor from floor drains?
On the 3" stack in the second pic, above the second 3x2 combo, there is another fitting. Is it waste or vent?
GAN, Gargalaxy and chonkie like this.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #5

I did put the cross upside down! Dang it! Thank you for noticing . The other vents are from floor drains. And the fitting above the second 3x2 is a cleanout on the backside. There is a mop sink and hub drain behind that wall. Also purple primer is not allowed here... No idea why, it's sold here, but not code.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:52 AM   #6

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos

The reason colored primer is required in the UPC is so the inspector can verify that it has been used.

Just curious. Since we can't see everything, did you calculate your fixture unit count to assure you didn't exceed the capacity of a 2" vent?

BTW, nice job.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:40 AM   #7

View Fatpat's Photo Album My Photos

Looks good, except you forgot to glue it!

Seriously, a few backward vent fitting and some back grade isn't 's bad for a third year apprentice.

Good work and remember if your not ****ing up your not working fast enough!
sparky likes this.
Fatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

That looks real good.... if I would have done that job
I would have raised that urinal vent double wye about 36 inches higher and turned it upside down ....but it will work fine the way it is......the air wont know

When doing urinals, I always added tees and cleanouts in the vent lines
above those nasty urinals...it cost a few more $$ but it makes it so easy
on the next poor sob that has to clean out those arms when they
finally fill with salt....... god help you if you really have to get into that stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #9

I like the cleanout idea above the urinals, especially since the backside of this is a janitors closet. I'll try and remember in the future, and at least suggest it to my foreman. Here we are big on the "removable fixture cleanout".

I did do a quick calculation on the venting, it came to 41 dfu all tying together, which our tables allow to go 100'. We tied into 3" vent in the plant I'm working at.

I get the reason for purple primer, but honestly, not code here. Clear or nothing. Wisconsin has strict, but sometimes weird laws and code.

Thanks for the critique guys, I'll post more next week and hopefully I'll be there for finish.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #10

View 89plumbum's Photo Album My Photos

Are you guys required to test all that?

Looks good, knowing how to install pipe plumb, straight and level puts you ahead of the game IMO.
89plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote