Winners* - Page 108 - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing


Like Tree3431Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 12:23 AM   #1071
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,925

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Borrowed from another site.

I assume you think that the brass propress fitting is meant for copper pipe and they realized it would fit schedule 40 steel of the next nominal size down. But I think you are wrong. Before there was megapress or propress there was seapress. It is monel bronze, brass, and stainless pipe and fittings meant for the maritime and chemicals industries for use with harsh solvents and saltwater. I would be willing to bet that the tube and stainless fittings are seapress fittings and tube which come in a variety of materials for any given size.


There's a new wrinkle for your brain






.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2019, 01:11 AM   #1072
Senior Member
 
Debo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,297

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
My winner of today. Washing machine....

A little side story. Then the next door neighbor of my girlfriend asked me to check out her daughter's dishwasher that wasn't draining well. The hack tied in directly to the sewer too. She was disgusted but she was also shocked at the sticker price. I wasn't going to do it for hack prices. "She'll look into it"
I’ve come across that a couple times lately, 2nd picture is two 1 1/2” standpipes with no trap.
Attached Thumbnails
Winners*-472f525c-63e3-4655-8c63-f28f5f3d5e8d.jpg  

Winners*-8a926f26-22df-44b8-a2b6-6370d4102567.jpg  

Debo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:02 AM   #1073
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,276

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I assume you think that the brass propress fitting is meant for copper pipe and they realized it would fit schedule 40 steel of the next nominal size down. But I think you are wrong. Before there was megapress or propress there was seapress. It is monel bronze, brass, and stainless pipe and fittings meant for the maritime and chemicals industries for use with harsh solvents and saltwater. I would be willing to bet that the tube and stainless fittings are seapress fittings and tube which come in a variety of materials for any given size.


There's a new wrinkle for your brain






.

Look more closely the pipe runs through a step ladder, that's the winner part.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2019, 08:03 AM   #1074
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,276

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo22 View Post
I’ve come across that a couple times lately, 2nd picture is two 1 1/2” standpipes with no trap.
For some reason I see that often.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:33 AM   #1075
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,276

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Not sure if it was posted before...
Attached Thumbnails
Winners*-14332970_840521152716035_8000097528989706064_n.jpg  

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:00 AM   #1076
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,535

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Not sure if it was posted before...



well when you get your van fixed you can stop using your car....
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:56 PM   #1077
ECH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 159

View ECH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I assume you think that the brass propress fitting is meant for copper pipe and they realized it would fit schedule 40 steel of the next nominal size down. But I think you are wrong. Before there was megapress or propress there was seapress. It is monel bronze, brass, and stainless pipe and fittings meant for the maritime and chemicals industries for use with harsh solvents and saltwater. I would be willing to bet that the tube and stainless fittings are seapress fittings and tube which come in a variety of materials for any given size.


There's a new wrinkle for your brain






.
Or it could be the fact that the ladder is captured by the piping after the repair was finished..........

edit: tango beat me to it
skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.
ECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:04 PM   #1078
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,276

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
well when you get your van fixed you can stop using your car....
That's because I didn't get my staircat. Does that make any sense? Probably not.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:10 PM   #1079
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,535

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
That's because I didn't get my staircat. Does that make any sense? Probably not.

either you breathed in too much pvc glue or opensights sent you a gallon of extra strength brew.. with that statement..
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:16 PM   #1080
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,276

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
either you breathed in too much pvc glue or opensights sent you a gallon of extra strength brew.. with that statement..
With all the drama storm I'm getting I need a brew. The stolen staircat, the ebay seller who didn't fully refund me for some milwaukee batteries and charger that came in broke, and the complaint case. I need some Irish cream without the sugar...
ShtRnsdownhill and MASTRPLUMB like this.

Last edited by Tango; 05-01-2019 at 11:18 PM..
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com