Warranties for Winterizations? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 3 Post By Tango
  • 2 Post By ShtRnsdownhill

Old 06-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #1

View Plumbersteve's Photo Album My Photos
Question Warranties for Winterizations?

Say you perform a winterization in November on a burned up house and in April, the contractors go in to rehab the place. They find a couple bursts in low spots. As the plumber who performed the winterization, should I be held responsible for the repairs? (they had their rehab plumber perform the repairs so I didn't even get to go and see what happened)

My concern about warranting this type of work is the passage of time and the possibility that someone could have turned the water on...you never know what's going on in a construction site over months.

This was the specific case, but in general, would you guarantee no bursts 3-6 months later? Or would you provide a clause stating that you are winterizing to the best of your ability, but given the uncertainty of how systems are installed in unseen areas, you cannot guarantee...yadda yadda yadda...

What say you?
Plumbersteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2020, 11:45 AM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

if you dont have a signed contract that removes any liabilities from you, then its your fault, go to a good lawyer and have a contract drawn up for winterizaions ...and winterizing a burned house or building would come with absolutely NO WARRANTY whatsoever since too many other people have their hands touching everything, and if the owners or whoever you are paying refuse to sign..walk away, its not worth the trouble for the amount of $$ you may make from it...
and why would you even offer any type of warranty for that type of work??
skoronesa (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

I agree a contract without any guarantee, it's not your house, pipes or old crusty valve. The curb stop belongs to the city if you pay them to open or close it. To winterize a house here I have had the city shut the valve at the curb and I also closed inside. Some plumbers will use their own key but once they do they own it.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #4

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexomob View Post
I agree!
I agree your an idiot too..now post an intro, but your just a scam spammer...
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.