They stole my work order! - Page 4 - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing


Like Tree105Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #31
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,240

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTRPLUMB View Post
My brother does that ever day when he goes to work, it is voice activated
he starts off with date and time as he gets in truck, then downloads on computer when he gets home, ever interaction that he has at work is
recorded

The technology is already available, only thing I see wrong with it is I would record a lot of myself talking to myself all day long.. but you would have a record of all your movements.

I can get rather emotional and loud sitting at long stop lights,
or when I am trying to pinch off a large load in the bathroom... it would sound .like I was giving birth or something...

I would have to remember to shut it off during those more personal moments....


Every month I get a day by day map of where I went from Google...
It tracks my movements down to the inch... and probably down to the minute.....

I think that some day this could actually save my ass from getting into deep trouble if some crazy nut-wad customer were to accuse me of something illegal.......

the only people who would not care for this feature would be a criminal or some nut that thinks big brother is watching them....

Perhaps Google will come out with some app that you can just turn on your Galaxy phone that would automatically record your voice, video and movements sometime in the near future....

that would be ok with me


sparky and MASTRPLUMB like this.
__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,759

View sparky's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTRPLUMB View Post
My brother does that ever day when he goes to work, it is voice activated
he starts off with date and time as he gets in truck, then downloads on computer when he gets home, ever interaction that he has at work is
recorded
Yea,but that is so time consuming,I barely have enough time to work in the field and do my office paperwork,much less add all this into the equation,Id be willing to bet that no more money we are screwed out of each yr that it would pale in comparison to getting a body cam and related software and you would use it what,once a yr in small claims court??i see the reason for it,I really do but would it really make a difference in the end????
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,540

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yea,but that is so time consuming,I barely have enough time to work in the field and do my office paperwork,much less add all this into the equation,Id be willing to bet that no more money we are screwed out of each yr that it would pale in comparison to getting a body cam and related software and you would use it what,once a yr in small claims court??i see the reason for it,I really do but would it really make a difference in the end????
small claims is just the beginning of what it can save your a$$ from...discrimination , sexual misconduct , any arguments from customer on what you promised, the list goes on..it doesnt cause you any more labor during the day as it just records on its own, and what maybe 10 minutes in the evening to download to your hard drive if that....once you have a routine down on how to use it thats all the time it takes...
sparky, Tango and MASTRPLUMB like this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShtRnsdownhill For This Useful Post:
sparky (08-26-2019), Tango (08-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #34
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: HACK LAND
Posts: 7,072

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yea,but that is so time consuming,I barely have enough time to work in the field and do my office paperwork,much less add all this into the equation,I’d be willing to bet that no more money we are screwed out of each yr that it would pale in comparison to getting a body cam and related software and you would use it what,once a yr in small claims court??i see the reason for it,I really do but would it really make a difference in the end????
Did you read my case in the lounge? I spent weeks preparing for it. That's a lot of lost time spent for a single issue. For the second complaint I sent in pictures showing the customer didn't make any sense and the people who read the complaint are secretaries who never saw more than a faucet or toilet in the restroom of their office so they just process it without any clue what they are doing and send it to trial. Maybe with pictures will prevent me from being dragged to court. If I'd recorded her insults towards me that would of been huge bonus points and a thrown out case.

Now I take pictures of the majority of my jobs. I write on my work order more details. Double signatures, before the job and after the job. I have them sign non conformity paperwork. All this is on the clock and billable and it may save my butt at some point. Now I'll be recording voices and maybe video, not all customers misbehave but those who hint on the phone by complaining about prices or other red flags.
sparky likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (08-25-2019), MASTRPLUMB (08-25-2019), sparky (08-26-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #35
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,240

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
small claims is just the beginning of what it can save your a$$ from...discrimination , sexual misconduct , any arguments from customer on what you promised, the list goes on..it doesnt cause you any more labor during the day as it just records on its own, and what maybe 10 minutes in the evening to download to your hard drive if that....once you have a routine down on how to use it thats all the time it takes...

The sexual misconduct claims weigh on my mind after the stuff that has gone down in politics over the past few years.....

Some nut, can claim anything at any time and you are automatically guilty, even 35 years later and try to ruin your reputation or get a pay day from you or your company...

most of these body cams record for over 9 hours straight and all you got to do is click them on if you feel something shady is going down...

then just down load the whole day to the cloud every night..

I wont erase the old lady I have on tape from last year cause you never know how far down the rabbit hole her mind might slide.......

......

.
__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Master Mark For This Useful Post:
sparky (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,759

View sparky's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post
The sexual misconduct claims weigh on my mind after the stuff that has gone down in politics over the past few years.....

Some nut, can claim anything at any time and you are automatically guilty, even 35 years later and try to ruin your reputation or get a pay day from you or your company...

most of these body cams record for over 9 hours straight and all you got to do is click them on if you feel something shady is going down...

then just down load the whole day to the cloud every night..

I wont erase the old lady I have on tape from last year cause you never know how far down the rabbit hole her mind might slide.......

......

.
I figured you would just smack her upside the head with your 440 channellocks Marcus,lololololol
chonkie and MASTRPLUMB like this.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #37
Member
 
gosaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: We're full.
Posts: 33

View gosaka's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I have had similar chit happen recently. Inspected property, seller emailed me a couple days later (I had no contact with her) claiming that I hadn't resealed toilet, my inspection was inaccurate per her guy+county. I had home inspector as witness of new wax ring and luckily the other guys that were out there were morons? Anyway, I looked into body cam or recording. It turns out the laws around recording someone in their home without consent can be serious crime and is state based. I guess on the street is fine because of lack of expectation of privacy, but could be a felony if not done correctly. I am not a lawyer and I don't look like a doctor and I'm not trying to be an astronaut.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleph...#United_States
(I know it says telephone, but it still applies)

I would imagine this could also apply to recording audio with sewer camera, people generally don't know it has that capacity. I also leave my mic off to leave out the cursing/ bigoted comments that someone inevitably says meaning i have to start over recording lol. @sparky @Master Mark @MASTRPLUMB @Tango









sparky, Tango and MASTRPLUMB like this.
gosaka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gosaka For This Useful Post:
sparky (09-03-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,540

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaka View Post
I have had similar chit happen recently. Inspected property, seller emailed me a couple days later (I had no contact with her) claiming that I hadn't resealed toilet, my inspection was inaccurate per her guy+county. I had home inspector as witness of new wax ring and luckily the other guys that were out there were morons? Anyway, I looked into body cam or recording. It turns out the laws around recording someone in their home without consent can be serious crime and is state based. I guess on the street is fine because of lack of expectation of privacy, but could be a felony if not done correctly. I am not a lawyer and I don't look like a doctor and I'm not trying to be an astronaut.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleph...#United_States
(I know it says telephone, but it still applies)

I would imagine this could also apply to recording audio with sewer camera, people generally don't know it has that capacity. I also leave my mic off to leave out the cursing/ bigoted comments that someone inevitably says meaning i have to start over recording lol. @sparky @Master Mark @MASTRPLUMB @Tango








I would think all these people you had sign a work order?? just put in the fine print or a statement upfront on the work order that you carry a self recording camera to record your work wherever it is and by signing this work order the person agrees, nowa days most people( stupid as it may be) give up their rights on a daily basis..just look at alexa and google assistant, they all record all the time inside the home and plenty of people have them..
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShtRnsdownhill For This Useful Post:
sparky (09-03-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #39
Member
 
gosaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: We're full.
Posts: 33

View gosaka's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
I would think all these people you had sign a work order?? just put in the fine print or a statement upfront on the work order that you carry a self recording camera to record your work wherever it is and by signing this work order the person agrees, nowa days most people( stupid as it may be) give up their rights on a daily basis..just look at alexa and google assistant, they all record all the time inside the home and plenty of people have them..
https://bgr.com/2019/06/13/amazon-al...ldren-lawsuit/
Not trying to be argumentative, but privacy law could really be a kick in the pants. Maybe I should get online signature before stepping foot anywhere? It's never easy, especially with the 1 in x homeowners that are crazy or whatever. Or maybe make it obvious what you are doing?



Attached Thumbnails
They stole my work order!-not-camera.jpg  

sparky likes this.
gosaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #40
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,240

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaka View Post
https://bgr.com/2019/06/13/amazon-al...ldren-lawsuit/
Not trying to be argumentative, but privacy law could really be a kick in the pants. Maybe I should get online signature before stepping foot anywhere? It's never easy, especially with the 1 in x homeowners that are crazy or whatever. Or maybe make it obvious what you are doing?



I would not worry or fret too much about getting into trouble with the body cam..... The only time you would even need to ever go back and look at the days recordings would be in case of some serious trouble with someone........

and then you got to ask yourself which one outweighs the other and what side of the fence would you rather be on ???



Also, That crazy little old lady called me again today screaming and hollering at our answering service about god knows what..... I would love to get in touch with her children and warn them she is gonna get fleeced by someone some day.........

I am very glad I got this recording of our conversation from last year.....
of course she does not know it... and I dont plan on ever bringing the subject up unless things really got really out of hand........

Just like packing a gun, if you need it and you dont have it with you,
THEN you are gonna be singing another tune.....
but it you have it you dont have to use it or tell anyone about it.....
THEN you are holding all the cards....




__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Master Mark For This Useful Post:
sparky (09-03-2019)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com