Single handle moen 1200 series with pull out head wanted - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skoronesa

Old 11-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #1

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default Single handle moen 1200 series with pull out head wanted

We currently have some cheap pos from blowes my wife picked out when we reno'd our house like 4 years ago. It's dripping more as of late. I have no interest in fixing this thing. I want to find a single handle moen, preferably 1200 series with a pull out head. Around here the only stuff that lasts with our water are moen 1200's and deltas with the seats and springs. That's also the only new faucet internals I stock on my van. Anything else I just disassemble, take pics, and have our fixtures person order new cartridges/stems for.

I am here asking for help because I haven't seen a moen that takes a 1200 series and has a pull out head. I don't like delta as much but if you know of one please mention it.

It's currently a single hole faucet and the wife doesn't want me drilling another hole for a separate sprayer. I don't really want to either because we spent like 300$ for this 3 bay resin sink that is at least an inch thick on the deck. I wish drilling another hole was an option because I have a couple salvage moens in great shape sitting in my scrap pile.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #2

So far I have found the "branbury" https://www.moen.com/support/Banbury...aucet/87017SRS

Looks alright. Takes a 1255.

For 70$ I feel like it's just gonna be a plastic pos. It's too bad solid brass faucets are so difficult to find.

MACPLUMB777 likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
Old 11-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #3

Well looking on their site it seems I have two options, the branbury for 70$ or something which will cost me over 200$.

I guess I'm getting a branbury!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #4

View Alan's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Well looking on their site it seems I have two options, the branbury for 70$ or something which will cost me over 200$.

I guess I'm getting a branbury!
Most of the newer moen single handle pull out / down faucets i've had to fix for people had that new POS cartridge.

I haven't had to repair any new delta stuff yet, so maybe that is the way to go......

When I get to that point in my kitchen i'm putting a delta in.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #5

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Most of the newer moen single handle pull out / down faucets i've had to fix for people had that new POS cartridge.

I haven't had to repair any new delta stuff yet, so maybe that is the way to go......

When I get to that point in my kitchen i'm putting a delta in.
Here’s the issue I with these

https://www.plumbingzone.com/f7/moen...-faucet-70050/
Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo22 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I've never actually ran into one of the 1255's. Only the 1200, 1225, and the white nylon ones for two handles. I saw the 1255 is ceramic and got hopeful. It doesnt look like they offer a pull out spout with anything other than the 1255.

On another note, I decided to get off my arse and take the handle off our no name faucet, turns out its a delta! Lolz I guess I might just replace the seats and springs and live with it for now. Its a grody looking brushed "stainless" but the wife won't let me get a chrome one. Maybe I'll just wait till it drips more and then tell the wife it's not worth fixing but that I happen to get a "barely used chrome moen from a job"