How the heck do you repair a Brizo? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Like Tree19Likes

Old 06-26-2019, 10:12 PM  
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default How the heck do you repair a Brizo?

Looked at a drippy kitchen faucet and replaced a couple of flappers today.

Never seen or heard of a Brizo before! Itís the cold side, but I always replace both. Anyhow, how do you remove the handle on this POS?!! I know the tricks with 8Ē spreads and tub deck mounts.... but this one has me scratching my head!

I can see how to remove the spout, but not the handles. No set screw, no caps with hidden screws...
Attached Thumbnails
How the heck do you repair a Brizo?-27433161-81b4-4000-9a6b-d5fac5c8cd71.jpg  

How the heck do you repair a Brizo?-f931e42e-1440-4436-b07e-55a3f182204c.jpg  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 10:20 PM  

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

looks like those caps the handles go through should just screw off and your good to go..at second look are they solid one piece?
Attached Images

OpenSights likes this.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:52 PM  

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

They just pull off, no screw or anything. Brizo is just another brand name owned by the same company as delta and hansgrohe. The cartridge is a semi generic 1/2" ceramic cartridge almost exactly the same as many grohe cartridges.

The cartridge part number is rp36265.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skoronesa For This Useful Post:
OpenSights (06-27-2019), Tommy plumber (06-27-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2019, 01:04 AM  

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
They just pull off, no screw or anything. Brizo is just another brand name owned by the same company as delta and hansgrohe. The cartridge is a semi generic 1/2" ceramic cartridge almost exactly the same as many grohe cartridges.

The cartridge part number is rp36265.

I agree, they should just pull off. Iíve only installed Brizo Lav faucets and itís been a few years. If I remember correctly itís a strong magnet that you screw into the top of the cartridge and set the handle on the magnet.

Donít make the mistake I did, I put the magnet on the cartridge and didnít put the screw in it. I set the handle on for a dry fit to see how it looked. Damn magnet stuck hard in the handle and itís a pain in the ass to get out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Debo22 For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 07:40 AM  
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

I didn’t even think about yanking on the handles! It’ll be 2-3 weeks before we can get back there.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:41 AM  
The Old (antique) Master

View PLUMBER_BILL's Photo Album My Photos

[QUOTE=Debo22;1208542]I agree, they should just pull off. Iíve only installed Brizo Lav faucets and itís been a few years. If I remember correctly itís a strong magnet that you screw into the top of the cartridge and set the handle on the magnet.

Never worked on any, not around in my time. Reading the post I must wonder "what is the product made from?" Brass, bronze, good stainless steel -- non of which are magnetic. That leaves cheap stainless or regular steel. I'd say junk!. As a product for plumbing.
A little of this and a little of that
Old 06-27-2019, 10:56 AM  

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Here’s a thread talking about the magnetic handles

https://www.plumbingzone.com/f22/bri...handles-68553/
Gargalaxy and skoronesa like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debo22 For This Useful Post:
skoronesa (06-27-2019), Tommy plumber (06-27-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 11:28 AM  

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos

Damn, didn't realize that was 3 years ago. Oh how time flies when you're having fun.
skoronesa likes this.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:30 AM  

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMBER_BILL View Post

Never worked on any, not around in my time. Reading the post I must wonder "what is the product made from?" Brass, bronze, good stainless steel -- non of which are magnetic. That leaves cheap stainless or regular steel. I'd say junk!. As a product for plumbing.

Normal materials from what I can tell. There is an insert inside the handle that gives it the magnetic properties.
skoronesa likes this.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:43 AM  

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMBER_BILL View Post
good stainless steel -- non of which are magnetic....

That's not true. The short answer is that some stainless steel is magnetic and it isn't just because it's cheaper. Personally I disagree with the idea of "cheap stainless". They are all pretty expensive. You either pick the correct stainless alloy for the job or you don't and some happen to be more expensive. Obviously some companies will choose cheaper grades but in that case you should just be checking the alloy before you buy that product. Even non-magnetic stainless steel can become magnetic after cold forming.

The long answer: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...gnets-work-on/

Tango likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"