Difference between above ground and building drainage pipes - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By MACPLUMB777
  • 3 Post By Tango
  • 1 Post By skoronesa
  • 5 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By Tango
  • 1 Post By Tango
  • 1 Post By skoronesa

Old 07-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #1

View Joer00's Photo Album My Photos
Default Difference between above ground and building drainage pipes

Florida building code has 3 types of sanitary drainage pipe. Above, under and building.

I assume the difference between above and building meaning above is exposed to the outside (sun etc) and building not.

If that is correct, I assume I can use (cheaper) building drain pipes for anything in a houses crawl space and change to underground material as soon as I go into the ground ?
Joer00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
Super Moderator

View MACPLUMB777's Photo Album My Photos

Joer00
You need to read ENGLISH !

PROFESSIONAL PLUMBERS ONLY !
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
[email protected]
MACPLUMB777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

For the drainage and waste I would go with polyethylene or corrugated throughout the place, no need to buy fittings, it bends the way you want it goes on super quick too.
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 06:53 PM   #4

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
For the drainage and waste I would go with polyethylene or corrugated throughout the place, no need to buy fittings, it bends the way you want it goes on super quick too.

Fusionweld FOR THE WIN!!!

MACPLUMB777 likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joer00 View Post
Florida building code has 3 types of sanitary drainage pipe. Above, under and building.

I assume the difference between above and building meaning above is exposed to the outside (sun etc) and building not.

If that is correct, I assume I can use (cheaper) building drain pipes for anything in a houses crawl space and change to underground material as soon as I go into the ground ?

just use the cheapest stuff you can find and use duct tape to put it together, this way if you change your mind its easy to take apart..
Old 07-05-2019, 07:46 PM   #6
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Fusionweld FOR THE WIN!!!

Where the heck is he going to get that welder?? Corrugated pipes have click on fittings you know.
OpenSights likes this.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpritchard View Post
It's stick welding. You stick it together.
This is your last warning post a lengthy intro real quick or you get the boot.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #8

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Where the heck is he going to get that welder?? Corrugated pipes have click on fittings you know.

Our local hardware store actually has one for rent. I don't know why, and I am pretty sure no one ever rents it. Fusionweld is not for the faint of heart. It takes practice and those fittings ain't cheap when you mess up. Like male adapters for 1-1/2" are like 75$ a piece I believe. They are stainless, but they only offer one stainless alloy and it's like the same kind they use for the most corrosive substances short of needing monel.

We did a job, a large expensive development. All of the buried pumped septic and effluent lines were fusionweld. We were running thousands of feet of 2", most less than 300'. There was a separate crew from a strictly commercial company running 600'-1000' runs of 4" for the main water lines. They would do like 100'+ feet at a time and then use a giant bucket loader to pull it around and into the trench. Then they would go back with the welder and stitch the lengths together and cut in tees for the hydrants.

Makes me glad to be a service man. I would hate to work in a barren dirt field in the middle of summer with a fusionwelder in my hand. It got sprayed to keep the dust down like every few weeks when someone important was going to show up.

MASTRPLUMB likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote