Delfa the new Official Cheap Brand - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Like Tree42Likes

Old 07-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default Delfa the new Official Cheap Brand

Delfa (mispronounced) is now officially a junk brand to me. It used to be good, just as good a Moen but now it's worse than the no name brands direct from China. I was reading about those super stiff flex lines and if you shortened them like they showed in their instruction some would pull off and flood the place. Well I got one today from a customer. Couldn't bend the lines properly. The woman calls me 2 hours later saying the faucet was loose and a metal piece fell out.

I went back and the plastic shank broke off, they don't even care of using brass or white metal! I knew when I took it out of the box it was cheap but this is cherry.

I didn't charge to go back and take it out but I'll charge to put a new one in this friday.

Attached Thumbnails
Delfa the new Official Cheap Brand-27-1-.jpg  

Delfa the new Official Cheap Brand-27-2-.jpg  

Delfa the new Official Cheap Brand-27-5-copy.jpg  

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
skoronesa (07-27-2020)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2020, 10:58 PM   #2

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

The most old timey plumber thing I have ever heard was told to me by the great Steve, the now retired most old timey plumber I have ever met. We were talking about kitchen faucets and he says to me that he tells every newly married couple he meets that just bought a house to save up and buy a good kitchen faucet.

I miss Steve.

MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:08 PM   #3

View SchmitzPlumbing's Photo Album My Photos

delta, right up there with pegasis and price pfister. just another hardware store pos. not getting installed in my house. my house was 5 yrs old when i bought it. all delta and mansfield. mansfield is in the dumpster next to the delta faucets except for the shower valves. dont feel like cutting walls open. just keep replacing $50 cartridges every couple years.
SchmitzPlumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2020, 11:30 PM   #4

View Logtec's Photo Album My Photos

Haha, yep, I repaired a delta 8” vanity faucet today, cartridges were all plastic blah blah.
I don’t touch Delta KT faucets, they suck and 1/2 the time the repair doesn’t work.

Seems like for the most part Moen and a few other older brands are the only ones worth fixing.
Logtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:35 PM   #5

View Logtec's Photo Album My Photos

I just got a call, from a landlord, to look at a Delta KT faucet, in his rental property, that is leaking from under the handle. I told them
I won’t touch it, I’ll replace it with a Moen.. he’s was cool with that.
Logtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:51 PM   #6
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
I just got a call, from a landlord, to look at a Delta KT faucet, in his rental property, that is leaking from under the handle. I told them
I won’t touch it, I’ll replace it with a Moen.. he’s was cool with that.
But Sadly Moen Manor/Chateau kitchen faucets are nowhere to be found! No more at Rona or other big box. All I see are Adler, the all plastic ones. Also no more sale on them. I'll ask one supplier if they are still available if not I'll be stuck with cheap Adler.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #7

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

welcome to the world of " crap made in china"..and for the companies having their cheap schit made there..I hope they all go bankrupt...
Old 07-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
welcome to the world of " crap made in china"..and for the companies having their cheap schit made there..I hope they all go bankrupt...

Unfortunately they won't. People are too lazy to complain or to put thought into their choices of products anymore. Any homeowner can call anyone of these faucet companies and they will send out the parts for free, none of them call. They would rather pay us to order the parts or sell them a whole new faucet than to pick up the phone and answer some simple questions. I see it all the time.

If more people wanted replacement parts than companies would start charging for them. When they did that people would swap to a cheaper company and competition would start again. People would again get the faucet that was most durable. The manufacturers figured out that if they made 5 different cartridges a year and only kept those revisions a couple years that it would be way too complicated for most people to bother finding a replacement part so they would give up.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
Old 07-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #9

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Unfortunately they won't. People are too lazy to complain or to put thought into their choices of products anymore. Any homeowner can call anyone of these faucet companies and they will send out the parts for free, none of them call. They would rather pay us to order the parts or sell them a whole new faucet than to pick up the phone and answer some simple questions. I see it all the time.

If more people wanted replacement parts than companies would start charging for them. When they did that people would swap to a cheaper company and competition would start again. People would again get the faucet that was most durable. The manufacturers figured out that if they made 5 different cartridges a year and only kept those revisions a couple years that it would be way too complicated for most people to bother finding a replacement part so they would give up.

planned obsolescence.....
skoronesa, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
planned obsolescence.....

It's kind of gotten beyond planned obsolescence. They are actively working to make it more difficult to fix the products. I would characterize planned obsolescence as making the products less durable.

The next step is cutting out third party parts manufacturers.

MACPLUMB777 likes this.