Building inspectors - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Like Tree11Likes

Old 08-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #1

View Alan's Photo Album My Photos
Default Building inspectors

So I just got an inspection Friday for this water heater I relocated and I haven't called the guy yet, but he left a message on my machine saying he can't final it until the drywall is patched, because it's the fire wall from the garage to the house.

Well yeah, but don't they want to look at the piping before it's covered?

I get it, but the way he worded it made it sound like i've done something wrong.

/rant

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
So I just got an inspection Friday for this water heater I relocated and I haven't called the guy yet, but he left a message on my machine saying he can't final it until the drywall is patched, because it's the fire wall from the garage to the house.

Well yeah, but don't they want to look at the piping before it's covered?

I get it, but the way he worded it made it sound like i've done something wrong.

/rant
not at all, when you rough a house you get multiple inspections, pipe in open walls then a finish when everything is tightened up, usually ill ask the inspector if he wants to see the piping or can it be closed up for inspection( for the work you described, not a whole house), did you have to do a gas test if it was a NG heater because you relocated and added gas piping?
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
not at all, when you rough a house you get multiple inspections, pipe in open walls then a finish when everything is tightened up, usually ill ask the inspector if he wants to see the piping or can it be closed up for inspection( for the work you described, not a whole house), did you have to do a gas test if it was a NG heater because you relocated and added gas piping?
Electric water heater. I guess next time i'll ask specifically if he wants to look at the copper lines or the electrical before it gets covered.

He told me if I was putting a water heater in a garage in new construction that the "green code" (first time i've ever heard of it) calls for a heat pump water heater.

This state is nuts.
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Electric water heater. I guess next time i'll ask specifically if he wants to look at the copper lines or the electrical before it gets covered.

He told me if I was putting a water heater in a garage in new construction that the "green code" (first time i've ever heard of it) calls for a heat pump water heater.

This state is nuts.
have you heard of anything on calis new water or supposed new water regulations for residential of only 55 gallons of water per household member? I agree your state comes out with some fked up laws and regulations..
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:26 PM   #5

Quote:
have you heard of anything on calis new water or supposed new water regulations for residential of only 55 gallons of water per household member? I agree your state comes out with some fked up laws and regulations..
Can you elaborate on the 55 gallons of water per household member?

I'm not sure where the 55 gallons fits. I haven't heard anything, but I am definitely keeping an ear out now.

We just got back from a trip down into the sacramento area, and the state is definitely dry. It's incredible to watch the change from yellow to green as we travel homeward.

All that said, I think it's time to stop trying to save on water USAGE. We use water, that means it cycles through the ecosystem the way it is supposed to.

Cut down on water STORING, where we are preventing the water from re-entering the ecosystem.

I'm no tree hugger, but think about how much water is sitting trapped in plastic bottles all over the world. It's time the brainiacs in this country start figuring out where the water is.

I can't say that I never use plastic bottles. When I do, it's because my klean kanteen is empty, and there's nowhere to fill it. How about mandating public bottle filing stations in every commercial building, and outlawing that plastic [email protected]$^&.

That's about as environmentalist as I go.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:53 AM   #6
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Why not do like the romans and build aqua ducts from up north to down south. There are hundreds of pipelines for oil on this continent why not have water pipelines? Have you ever seen from the air what Canada looks like? Gazillion fresh water lakes in the undeveloped north.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Why not do like the romans and build aqua ducts from up north to down south. There are hundreds of pipelines for oil on this continent why not have water pipelines? Have you ever seen from the air what Canada looks like? Gazillion fresh water lakes in the undeveloped north.
I personally think cali is causing their own water shortage to raise the price of water big time and will make the or whats left to the working class pay for it, just like the fake oil shortage of the 1970s where we had hundreds of full oil tankers anchored off the coast to keep oil scarce on the land..
Tango likes this.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Can you elaborate on the 55 gallons of water per household member?

I'm not sure where the 55 gallons fits. I haven't heard anything, but I am definitely keeping an ear out now.

We just got back from a trip down into the sacramento area, and the state is definitely dry. It's incredible to watch the change from yellow to green as we travel homeward.

All that said, I think it's time to stop trying to save on water USAGE. We use water, that means it cycles through the ecosystem the way it is supposed to.

Cut down on water STORING, where we are preventing the water from re-entering the ecosystem.

I'm no tree hugger, but think about how much water is sitting trapped in plastic bottles all over the world. It's time the brainiacs in this country start figuring out where the water is.

I can't say that I never use plastic bottles. When I do, it's because my klean kanteen is empty, and there's nowhere to fill it. How about mandating public bottle filing stations in every commercial building, and outlawing that plastic [email protected]$^&.

That's about as environmentalist as I go.
“Please sir, I want some more,” is no longer a sentiment just for Oliver Twist in the orphanage. A new law in California limits how much water can be used by each household. Now their showers, how many flushes, and how often they can do their laundry will be under the watchful eye of the state government.
This from politicians who have pushed policies creating homeless and drug abuse crises throughout the state. They have now decided to clamp down on the use of the most basic needs of civilized living.
As the blog Zero Hedge put it, “it’s now against the law to do laundry and shower on the same day in the Sunshine State,” and they’re not exaggerating. Under the guise of addressing “climate change,” the new bill rations water to a degree that makes it impossible to maintain a healthy home environment.
Perhaps the state wants everyone to feel like the drug addicts living in California’s ever-expanding homeless tent cities?
Zero Hedge reported, “Assembly Bill 1668 is where it gets personal. This establishes limits on indoor water usage for every person in California and the amount allowed will decrease even further over the next 12 years. ‘The bill, until January 1, 2025, would establish 55 gallons per capita daily as the standard for indoor residential water use, beginning January 1, 2025, would establish the greater of 52.5 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use, and beginning January 1, 2030, would establish the greater of 50 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use …’”
How do families feel about the rationing of water? CBS-13 in Sacramento asked a few: “‘With a child and every day having to wash clothes, that’s, just my opinion, not feasible. But I get it and I understand that we’re trying to preserve … but 55 gallons a day?” said Tanya Allen, who has a 4-year-old daughter.”

“Please sir, I want some more,” is no longer a sentiment just for Oliver Twist in the orphanage. A new law in California limits how much water can be used by each household. Now their showers, how many flushes, and how often they can do their laundry will be under the watchful eye of the state government.
This from politicians who have pushed policies creating homeless and drug abuse crises throughout the state. They have now decided to clamp down on the use of the most basic needs of civilized living.
As the blog Zero Hedge put it, “it’s now against the law to do laundry and shower on the same day in the Sunshine State,” and they’re not exaggerating. Under the guise of addressing “climate change,” the new bill rations water to a degree that makes it impossible to maintain a healthy home environment.
Perhaps the state wants everyone to feel like the drug addicts living in California’s ever-expanding homeless tent cities?
Zero Hedge reported, “Assembly Bill 1668 is where it gets personal. This establishes limits on indoor water usage for every person in California and the amount allowed will decrease even further over the next 12 years. ‘The bill, until January 1, 2025, would establish 55 gallons per capita daily as the standard for indoor residential water use, beginning January 1, 2025, would establish the greater of 52.5 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use, and beginning January 1, 2030, would establish the greater of 50 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use …’”
How do families feel about the rationing of water? CBS-13 in Sacramento asked a few: “‘With a child and every day having to wash clothes, that’s, just my opinion, not feasible. But I get it and I understand that we’re trying to preserve … but 55 gallons a day?” said Tanya Allen, who has a 4-year-old daughter.” https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...VqARfm83Za0y59
Old 08-07-2018, 08:39 AM   #9

View JohnnieSqueeze's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

fked = FLAKED up laws!

The inspector is wrong and right. They municipality then should inform you that they require 2 inspections. Then you can call him once, when the drywaller is there ready to hang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnnieSqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #10

fked = fu cked ...................lol