The Adventures of the Soap Opera - Page 39 - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing


Like Tree1160Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #381
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,275

View Alan's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
I got a copy for “Roto Rooters” price list..
Want to share it?
__________________
Journeyman Plumber
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #382
Senior Member
 
Logtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 466

View Logtec's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
I got a copy for “Roto Rooters” price list..
Want to share it? <img src="https://www.plumbingzone.com/images/forums/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" class="inlineimg" />
I’ll share it thru email,
I don’t want to post it, some snowflakes might get their feeling hurt..
MACPLUMB777, Tango and Spacepirate like this.
Logtec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logtec For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (12-16-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #383
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,043

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
I’ll share it thru email,
I don’t want to post it, some snowflakes might get their feeling hurt..
Please e-mail it to me too, I am curious to see what they charge

[email protected]
__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2018, 12:08 AM   #384
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,976

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home...otorooter.html


These reviews are so upsetting and so hilarious at the same time!
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #385
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,562

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home...otorooter.html


These reviews are so upsetting and so hilarious at the same time!

I guess all the 1 star review people dont know not to pay for $hitty service or over charging....see you in court would be my answer to rotorooter...
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #386
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,338

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home...otorooter.html


These reviews are so upsetting and so hilarious at the same time!
I wonder with so many bad reviews after one another why do they still get so many calls and make a lot of money. I really can't figure it out. Why do people keep calling them back? Just like the bad companies here people keep hiring them and disregard the other companies with good reviews.

Then it looks like some are angry because of flat rate pricing. Not really flat rate if they say after 2 hours work it will cost more.

Some are very angry to pay hundreds of dollars for a plumbing job, if they were told upfront the possible costs and their options to a solution and they went ahead and signed the work order then their comments are not okay. I find that insulting. Some companies would send them a letter to remove the comment or face a defamation lawsuit(is that the correct term?).
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:42 AM   #387
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,562

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

WC Fields said it best..." A fool born every minute and 2 to take em".....
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:55 PM   #388
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,976

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I wonder with so many bad reviews after one another why do they still get so many calls and make a lot of money. I really can't figure it out. Why do people keep calling them back? Just like the bad companies here people keep hiring them and disregard the other companies with good reviews.

Then it looks like some are angry because of flat rate pricing. Not really flat rate if they say after 2 hours work it will cost more.

Some are very angry to pay hundreds of dollars for a plumbing job, if they were told upfront the possible costs and their options to a solution and they went ahead and signed the work order then their comments are not okay. I find that insulting. Some companies would send them a letter to remove the comment or face a defamation lawsuit(is that the correct term?).

People dont read reviews first. As much as we are told this is a new internet age many people don't bother researching things first even though they have all the information in the world at their fingertips. Thats why we have so much fighting. People only read the articles shoved in their face to make them pissed off and never look up the truth buried under all of the paid search listings.


They see ads on the facebook while the bad posts about companies like this are shoved out of the way because companies pay to have them hidden. Or they assume if they are in the phone book and in business they must be acceptable. Many people have never had to call a plumber until something clogs. Many people see the rr ads on tv and assume they are okay.




.
GAN and MACPLUMB777 like this.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:03 AM   #389
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,338

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
People dont read reviews first. As much as we are told this is a new internet age many people don't bother researching things first even though they have all the information in the world at their fingertips. Thats why we have so much fighting. People only read the articles shoved in their face to make them pissed off and never look up the truth buried under all of the paid search listings.


They see ads on the facebook while the bad posts about companies like this are shoved out of the way because companies pay to have them hidden. Or they assume if they are in the phone book and in business they must be acceptable. Many people have never had to call a plumber until something clogs. Many people see the rr ads on tv and assume they are okay.




.

On the other side I get a lot of people who read my reviews and know exactly the rates as some customers posted them. Then some of them recognize a person they know who posted a review so they call me. I'm starting to have another cycle of people not believing my reviews!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #390
Senior Member
 
Fatpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 626

View Fatpat's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
I got a copy for “Roto Rooters” price list..
Want to share it? <img src="https://www.plumbingzone.com/images/forums/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" class="inlineimg" />
I’ll share it thru email,
I don’t want to post it, some snowflakes might get their feeling hurt..

I’ll like to see it too

[email protected]
Fatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adventures of the Electric Eel J-Cable gear junkie Drain and Sewer Cleaning 4 07-28-2016 02:49 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com