1.5 - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Like Tree27Likes

Old 08-20-2017, 12:20 AM   #1

View jnohs's Photo Album My Photos
Default 1.5

Let the hunger games begin. Another residential repipe.
Attached Thumbnails
1.5-1503199230643.jpg  

dhal22 and sparky like this.
jnohs is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 01:02 AM   #2
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Condinsate? Still don't get cast over PVC in a situation like that.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:17 AM   #3

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Is that the washing machine drain line in the smaller PVC?
Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 05:15 AM   #4

View tim666's Photo Album My Photos

God bless the aav. Saving "plumbers" from having to put thought and planning into their work.
sparky and HonestPlumb like this.
tim666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #5

View jnohs's Photo Album My Photos

The pvc is existing. We installed the cast iron as all the horizontal piping was leaking. The 1inch pvc is a washing machine connection. As for the AAV. There is no existing vent through the roof or a place where I can connect to the stack with out opening walls. So for saving me planing it is not saving any planing it is 100% accepiable code. And it is installled properly. Your fantasy land of over selling for pointless items is a complete waste of time and money.
jnohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #6

View tim666's Photo Album My Photos

No worries. The handymen around here use them too. You can upsell them on cast iron but upselling a vented drainage system is just going too far I guess
sparky and HonestPlumb like this.
tim666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
Super Moderator

AAV's are code out here. Now, new construction I'd much rather revent, but if someone wants to remodel their kitchen, and are getting bids from other plumbers, the one that wants to gut their walls adding extra drywall repair is going to loose no matter what.

I've never done new construction, honestly wouldn't like it, however I have done a few whole house guts before. In that situation we always revent.

I had the displeasure of servicing a high end Asian restaurant years ago. About every six months I would have to change 12 AAV's because the place smelled like sewer gas. Wasn't the floor drains or anything simple. Never did figure out what in the system was causing the failures.

Never seen a washer discharge run in PVC before.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #8

View ace4548's Photo Album My Photos

It may be an optical illusion but, is that 3" kicked a little in the coupling? Could be shadows, but looks like it's not pitching as much as existing. Otherwise it looks good. If AAVs are code there, then unfortunately in a situation like this, probably have to use it to get job... Here, I still would have to have it above flood plain or 38" above floor... That's our code though . So many different codes , I try not to look for that, unless I think it poses a health risk.
OpenSights likes this.
ace4548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Two years ago we did a restaurant, bar sink was on an AAV. Even though we had it the required height above flood, the health department wanted it higher per their code. No big deal, I just don't like how code can be met and another code supersedes another. Make code code, end of story.

I do agree about AAV's needing to be above flood, however I have seen sinks backed up well above them and they don't leak. Not to mention the make good clean outs allowing you to flush while cabling.
sparky likes this.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #10

View Fatpat's Photo Album My Photos

UPC requires a support with in 18" of a No HuB band. Over time your PVC/Cast Transition Bands will pull and sag.
sparky likes this.
Fatpat is offline   Reply With Quote