Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Code

Old Today, 12:12 AM   #1

View MikeThePiper's Photo Album My Photos
Default Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?

Today I had a Repipe that involved lifting and reworking some section of copper drainage. The original layout was very hard to transition into something that could be considered code compliant. I could not work above on the second floor, and basically had to make chicken **** into chicken salad so that it would fit inside of the joists without back pitching vents/drainage and keeping enough meat on the joist.

Heel inlet 90 on its side picking up a dry vent.. am I cutting this **** out? Or do you think inspector will have a ❤️. Family still using upstairs bathrooms daily..
Attached Thumbnails
Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?-61426e11-7c7a-4eb2-b28b-492f958522d2_1574741406592.jpeg  

Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?-ea2bcb8d-df2f-4317-89fd-20cdff915c21_1574741435199.jpeg  

Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?-56f77e9b-e512-475a-993d-3518153ff2d8_1574741458828.jpg  

Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?-518558e2-f592-43a4-bb96-104ed1aaf8d0_1574741499917.jpeg  

Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?-c9b1b396-cc4c-4d2d-b883-37de28f157ff_1574741518359.jpeg  

MikeThePiper is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 12:12 AM   #2

Heel inlet on side
Attached Thumbnails
Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?-26d30887-b1e4-48d3-b89f-604a443d6f11_1574741569215.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeThePiper For This Useful Post:
MASTRPLUMB (Today)
Old Today, 07:27 AM   #3

View Toli's Photo Album My Photos
Default Any Illinois Plumbers want to share their opinion?

I think the heel inlet orientation is fine except the 2” is supposed to be wet. Is the other 2” that the 3x2 wye is grabbing wet? If so you could switch them. Or the 2” that’s right beside it?
Toli is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 09:26 AM   #4
GAN
Super Moderator

View GAN's Photo Album My Photos

What a nightmare on Elm Street. For what you had it is a major clean up. Drilling the floor joists, are you in the mid 30% span of the member? if not you have diminished the integrity of the joist.

Is there a main stack I am missing?

Where are your cleanouts? (like someone is really going to open one up overhead.

Kudo's for using the raised bead adapters.

Hate to say it, but this is a case for leaving the system running under the joists and tell them to suck it up and put a soffit or drop ceiling back. Would have been a much cleaner job. Great job of making your own puzzle pieces fit.
the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

talk about getting 10 pounds of schit in a 5 pound bag....if you wanted you could have sistered the floor joists before re-piping to add some support, but that could have made some of the fittings not fit...we cant use those heal 90s so the one you used I would have had to make fit a y in the middle bay...just charge enough for the aggravation of doing it...
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
What a nightmare on Elm Street. For what you had it is a major clean up. Drilling the floor joists, are you in the mid 30% span of the member? if not you have diminished the integrity of the joist.

Is there a main stack I am missing?

Where are your cleanouts? (like someone is really going to open one up overhead.

Kudo's for using the raised bead adapters.

Hate to say it, but this is a case for leaving the system running under the joists and tell them to suck it up and put a soffit or drop ceiling back. Would have been a much cleaner job. Great job of making your own puzzle pieces fit.
The main stack may or may not be visible but it’s basically dropping down into the joist with a 90, kind of looks like a w.c.

The main stack follows through the joists and drops into basement. The cleanout is on a combo below and once again like 2’ from floor on vertical stack.

I tried to argue my case with the contractor but he was all in. I mentioned the joists, and 4” holes to fit a 3” hub etc etc, he confirmed everything with an “architect”. If the inspector fails, we will have to rip upstairs out.

Honestly, I must have done something horrible in my past life to have gotten this job 😂