Advertising items other than stickers - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Code

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By skoronesa
  • 5 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 2 Post By goeswiththeflow
  • 3 Post By PLUMBER_BILL
  • 1 Post By goeswiththeflow

Old 09-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #1

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default Advertising items other than stickers

One of you said you really wanted to see the pot holders my company gives out at times. Do any of you have any other non-conventional promo items you hand out?
Attached Thumbnails
Advertising items other than stickers-3e2d43219c94ef84740b42bfcef4db88853226cd-1.jpg  

MACPLUMB777 likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skoronesa For This Useful Post:
Tango (09-08-2019), Tommy plumber (09-08-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2019, 10:38 AM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

so do you stick your weed in the hole to hide it???? you said pot holder...

through the years I have tried pens or small calendars, in the end most do not work...
stickers, cards or magnets for the fridge do the best....I just look at all the crap other companies hand out to me and most go in a draw or garbage and rarely do I look at the name on some hand out to call and hire the company or buy from them regardless of what they are selling...
Old 09-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
3rd year apprentice

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos

Whenever I go through a cluttered junk drawer or something, I always throw away those cute little promo items that seem so neat when given out for free, but I never use. Foldable fabric frisbees for the kids, water bottles made from cheap plastic, jack knives, little tape measures, they all go out. Sometimes small screw drivers I keep for Tstats. I don't even use koozies any more, since when I do drink it doesn't usually stay in the can long enough to get warm.

For myself I do appreciate Tshirts from supply houses or tool manufacturers, and sweat shirts really get my attention, but those aren't practical to give to customers. The best advertising gimic is just providing good service. Pot holders seem as good idea as any, but how many people even use an oven nowadays unless it's a microwave?

Hopefully the day is coming soon when we won't need to hide pot anywhere.
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #4
3rd year apprentice

I would be careful of pot holders though. Some of those cheap freebies are so thin that they don't protect your hand for more than a few seconds. If the customer is not ready to put the pan down somewhere quickly, you may get some advertising that you don't want.
Tango and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #5
The Old (antique) Master

View PLUMBER_BILL's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
One of you said you really wanted to see the pot holders my company gives out at times. Do any of you have any other non-conventional promo items you hand out?
HERE IS A POST FROM THE PAST

[QUOTE=fixitright;977441]Looking for a place to buy stickers with my company name and logo.<SNIP>

Stickers are all about people seeing your name and phone number.

In my years I tried them all, and they kept getting bigger and bigger to be able to cover one already pasted on by someone else. Then I tried ball valves with letterd handles. Get in the house again I'd see some S.O.B pulled the cover off the handles -- replaced them or defaced them. Anyway it was not working.
So I backed up a few years and took a look at something that worked and is still working. Here is a copy of a post I made on 6/13/2015.

Works for some -- this always worked Photo is of a 1997 truck. I also did this with 1975, 1984 vans.
Now I see the same thing in a Hodes Catalog. I am now put out to pasture, [just like American Pharo -- stud service only] but I do small repair jobs for the old customers. It is not unusual to see one of these cards minus the O-ring hose washers hanging in a garage. This tells me the ad worked and was retained. For distribution I would put cards in public places E.G. gas stations, I laid them on the table in Post Offices and so on. Not many only 5 or six -- they would usually disappear the same day I put them out. Of course we always left one at the job, and every new house had one hanging before we left. The idea is not the cheapest the hose washers cost a bit. I printed in-house on a laser printer prior to that the printer had a plate made would print 2-3 hundred at a shot.
Attached Images
A little of this and a little of that
PLUMBER_BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #6
3rd year apprentice

That's one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #7
3rd year apprentice

What type of glue? Do they sell the stuff that sticks the credit card to the piece of paper they send it on, a gel that does not rip the paper when the card is removed?